Old School Grip Contest

Dan Cenidoza

Greetings Gripboard! Long time no see! I haven't been active here since, I don't know, Facebook?... but this was THE place for me to be in the early 2000's. This was the first online site I actually met people and became friends with. Good to be back!

Enough of the pleasantries. I'm here to talk about a grip contest I'm planning to hold in the spring.

Events will be blobs, ring handle deadlift, 2 hand gripper, anvil & a leverage lift. Old school lifts as best as we can make them.

More details to come. I just wanted to put some feelers out there. I still need to decide if I'm going to try to make this a NAGS qualifier, and what we're going to do about prizes/awards, rules, etc. The main thing I want to do with this contest is bring back some of the excitement and camaraderie I enjoyed when I competed back in the day. If I can bring some attention to the sport, and to my gym, then it's a win, win, win! 

www.artandstrength.com

• Like 6

Good to see you back, Dan!  Been a long time.  I hope you get a lot of interest for your grip contest.