The TopRoller

richcottrell

Looking for some advice on this armwrestling tool...
The TopRoller
http://toprollerstrong.com

I am no arm wrestler, but I am going to have to arm wrestle my older brother for an old "President's Cup" golf award that was my father's.  I want to hang it up in my basement gym.  I have no taste for golf, but i miss my dad so I want that award plague!

My brother is no strength man so it should be easy, but now I have an excuse to buy another grip tool... And it would be fun to be able to easily beat my brother in this friendly arm wrestling.

Here is my main question:

Early online reviews were on the first version of this tool (that is currently $90).  
There is now a version 2 that costs $130.  Is offers a larger diameter ring.

The Toproller original has a 6 inch outer ring with a 1 1/4 inch handle and the Toproller 2.0 has a 8 inch outer ring and a 1.75 handle.  I know the early critique of this tool was for a larger ring so I was wondering if some current users think its worth the extra $40 now that they can have that option.
Also, the version two offers a larger chain and hardware.

I am only going to buy one of these things...
thanks,
rich

I have a local buddy that uses this. I'll ask him how he uses it and get back with you.

I remember messing around with this at his house one day. His is the 6" outer ring. It seemed like a fine diameter to me. 

I use a pistol grip dumbell for pronation and suppination. Seems to get the job done.

Edited by Adam Juncker
  • Like 1

I'm not an arm wrestler, but I'm sure arm wrestling is no different from other hobbies, rather than buy a gadget, spend some time at a local arm wrestling club (perhaps they will even have toproller for you to try there), and I'm sure with some tips and practice you'll whoop your brother's ass.

• Like 1

I talked with my boy. He used it for a while and then gave it away. He was none too impressed with it. It's innovative for sure, but seems to be only for working pronation and suppination. 

You could use a sledge hammer or load only one side of a loadable dumbell. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Adam Juncker said:

I talked with my boy. He used it for a while and then gave it away. He was none too impressed with it. It's innovative for sure, but seems to be only for working pronation and suppination. 

You could use a sledge hammer or load only one side of a loadable dumbell. 

On 1/9/2017 at 11:04 AM, richcottrell said:

Looking for some advice on this armwrestling tool...
The TopRoller
http://toprollerstrong.com

I am no arm wrestler, but I am going to have to arm wrestle my older brother for an old "President's Cup" golf award that was my father's.  I want to hang it up in my basement gym.  I have no taste for golf, but i miss my dad so I want that award plague!

My brother is no strength man so it should be easy, but now I have an excuse to buy another grip tool... And it would be fun to be able to easily beat my brother in this friendly arm wrestling.

Here is my main question:

Early online reviews were on the first version of this tool (that is currently $90).  
There is now a version 2 that costs $130.  Is offers a larger diameter ring.

The Toproller original has a 6 inch outer ring with a 1 1/4 inch handle and the Toproller 2.0 has a 8 inch outer ring and a 1.75 handle.  I know the early critique of this tool was for a larger ring so I was wondering if some current users think its worth the extra $40 now that they can have that option.
Also, the version two offers a larger chain and hardware.

I am only going to buy one of these things...
thanks,
rich

You'd probably beat your brother, simply by learning proper pulling technique.

• Like 2