Armwrestling in Alaska

akka

There is a really cool man who is  big and presumably strong that lives at 101 Candy Cane Ln. North Pole, AK

Edited by Kluv#0

• 1 month later...

Im in Palmer Alaska. We workout at the Masters of Iron gym in Palmer. 

• Like 1

Nice! I'll be there also but Im brand new at Arm wrestling so Ill be a first timer. Im basically going so I can get whooped lol and learn a bunch of stuff from the experienced guys. See you there!.

• Like 1

I'm basically in the same boat however I entered the amateur class. I've armwrestled in tournaments before, but it's been several years ago. I'm just hoping to have some fun and learn.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Harrison, I didnt get a chance to chat after the tournament with you. I hope your daughter had a good birthday down in Anchorage btw!. Also wanted to ask you about how you felt about the tournament saturday. The only guy I had to pull in my weight class was my training partner so I knew Id beat him. After however I pulled that kid in the white tank and I beat him but hes a strong kid for 165!. Also Wesley and I went at it and he took a match and I took a match. I wanted to grip up with you also but It just didnt happen. Keep me posted on any arm wrestling stuff that may pop up in the fairbanks area, I'll come up if I can. Good meeting you.

• Like 1

Hey man. We had a good time and it was great meeting you. The tournament was a lot of fun. Everyone was nice and very welcoming to my family and I. I'm already planning on attending the tournament in October if it happens.

That kid was really strong with great side pressure that I just couldn't handle. I wish I would have performed better, but I still had a lot of fun and learned a lot about what I need to improve on. Definitely goes to show that armwrestling is a sport that you have to practice to be good at rather than just training in the gym.

I should be making a few more trips to Anchorage over the next several months and plan on dropping into the gym if possible to get some table time. Also, I'm hoping to get some stuff going here in my area eventually. I'll keep you updated.

• 4 months later...

Hi all!!!
I have a friend of mine (and part of the same AW-club as me) that is up in Fairbanks from now up until ~christmas or so. 
She is really strong, and a good armwrestler, especially for having been at it for such a short amount of time.
For reference she took gold at this years Swedish Nationals in both left and right hand for her class (-80kg's).

She's fun, strong and looking for some people to armwrestle while she is over there, of course she wants to keep strength and skill up while away from our club, hopefully coming back here even stronger!!!

So, if any of you guys have some tips and/or contact info, please please either write here or PM me and I'll give the info to her! As said, she is nice, fun and a great lady-puller!!!

Kind regards /peter

Edited by Peter Brannstrom

• 2 months later...

Really???
no one has any kind of tips I could relay to her?
I mean, she is the actual swedish champion in both left and right arm womens class -80kg, not trained that much and she is fun and a great person!
No one know of anyone in around Alaska interested in armwrestling? Doesn't have to be women either as women sure can train with men as well!!!

Johanna (the girl from my club who is now currently IN ALASKA somewhere) has an internship thru her school, so, if you have any ideas, please write to me over here or in a PM and I'll relay the info, she is only over there for a few months!!! but, still, she'd like to armwrestle, of course, and keep up her strength/technique the best she can while away!

all the best
/peter