Rgc Silarukov grippers

Geralt

Hey guys,

Has anyone done RGC for the Silarukov grippers? Curious for indication of the range for the 120, 130 and 140kg types. Not looking for a discussion on quality or whatever, just the forementioned. 

Thnx.

On 30-12-2016 at 8:51 AM, Geralt said:

Hey guys,

Has anyone done RGC for the Silarukov grippers? Curious for indication of the range for the 120, 130 and 140kg types. Not looking for a discussion on quality or whatever, just the forementioned. 

Thnx.

Ok, no results I guess. No probs, thnx for checking out anyway! 

1 hour ago, Fist of Fury said:

I know @Jared Goguen had these grippers. He wasn't too fond of them though but maybe he rated some of them?

Thnx man, yeah, I saw his YT video, he had lighter grippers rated, not the 120 and up. 

Based on the springs that I saw any answer to what the general RGC will be for the higher ones will be purely anecdotal at best. Even with very high quality springs such as GHP you have a good amount of range that they can land in let along poorly made and deformed one.

3 hours ago, Jared Goguen said:

Based on the springs that I saw any answer to what the general RGC will be for the higher ones will be purely anecdotal at best. Even with very high quality springs such as GHP you have a good amount of range that they can land in let along poorly made and deformed one.

True. It's nice to have an indication though. Rgc sometimes hardly catches the true feel of the grippers and indeed, grippers vary a lot, apart from quality of steel. In that perspective, I am really curious how manufacturers, like for instance IM, measure their grippers. They say the margin is very small and precise. Now, the #3's I own differ a LOT. Come on, a 160 #3 compared to a 138 #3. Than the measuring process seems a bit off so it seems to me. 

Edited by Geralt

• 2 weeks later...

Received the grippers last week. My experience so far (note: At the time of attempting the grippers I had and still have, a cut in my middlefinger which hindered me quite a bit despite taping it)

120kg, spread is CCS width by itself. I TNS-ed it no problem, I estimate it around 2.5 level.

130kg, spread solid CCS, 1 or 2 mm wider. TNS misses, although slightly. Tough but doable gripper for TNS but, solid nonetheless. Around 3 level. If you cannot close a hard 2.5, this not your best pick.

140kg, feels basically like an Elite. Did not attempt it TNS. Props for the guy who certed these right after each other! 

• Like 2

I asked Strossen about that a while back via email. He said they rate them from the middle of the handle rather than the end. Aside from that, what he described was similar to rgc. 

Seemed pretty straightforward. I don't think for instance that 280 for a number 3 is the arbitrary figure people make it out to be. It's simply a range based upon a method of rating. The same people who scoff at the number 280 often have no problem with 150 as a general range. 

Rating from the end of the handle may be easier and more reliable, but I think the middle of the handle tells the full story. Unless your hand is an inch wide. 

• Like 1

It's easier to think of the RGC as the minimum force required to close the handles. A person who sets a gripper with their pinky 'fully' on the handle, rather than halfway off, will need to use more force to close the gripper than someone who has their pinky halfway on. 

Same goes for people with thick fingers. My fingers are quite narrow and thin, so I have over an inch to spare at the top of the handle. My Dad on the other hand can pretty much cover the entire handle. His index and middle fingers will therefore have to do more work than mine, given that mine are closer to the end of the handle. 

Apologies if it seems like I'm being patronising, that isn't my intention. Just that everyone has different hands, and lots of factors will change how a gripper feels, regardless of the RGC rating. 

• Like 2

• 11 months later...
On 1/14/2017 at 6:39 PM, Geralt said:

Received the grippers last week. My experience so far (note: At the time of attempting the grippers I had and still have, a cut in my middlefinger which hindered me quite a bit despite taping it)

120kg, spread is CCS width by itself. I TNS-ed it no problem, I estimate it around 2.5 level.

130kg, spread solid CCS, 1 or 2 mm wider. TNS misses, although slightly. Tough but doable gripper for TNS but, solid nonetheless. Around 3 level. If you cannot close a hard 2.5, this not your best pick.

140kg, feels basically like an Elite. Did not attempt it TNS. Props for the guy who certed these right after each other! 

How is the quality of these grippers?

I've seen a review by Jared on YouTube but I would like to hear from different persons perspective 

Thank you!

My feeling is that it doesn’t matter where you put the strap because rating a gripper simply is not the same as closing it in the hand. You’re getting one single piece of information that might help you train or fill in gaps in your collection: pounds at the close. If all ratings are taken from the same spot, they’ll be useful to compare to each other. If you want to measure crushing force of your hand, just get a dyno. 

I do have some Silarukov ratings but very few. I would compare them to Silvis. They tend to be narrow with knurling that is more like chunky squares than sharp diamonds. Beautiful laser etching on the end of the handles.  I’ve never priced them but it’s a $25-30 gripper in my opinion and would be worth that much as a training tool (considering what else you can buy for that price). If they are more than that, I’m not sure why. The springs have a handmade feel, not sure if they are. 

22 hours ago, Cannon said:

My feeling is that it doesn’t matter where you put the strap because rating a gripper simply is not the same as closing it in the hand. You’re getting one single piece of information that might help you train or fill in gaps in your collection: pounds at the close. If all ratings are taken from the same spot, they’ll be useful to compare to each other. If you want to measure crushing force of your hand, just get a dyno. 

I do have some Silarukov ratings but very few. I would compare them to Silvis. They tend to be narrow with knurling that is more like chunky squares than sharp diamonds. Beautiful laser etching on the end of the handles.  I’ve never priced them but it’s a $25-30 gripper in my opinion and would be worth that much as a training tool (considering what else you can buy for that price). If they are more than that, I’m not sure why. The springs have a handmade feel, not sure if they are. 

Thank you for the reply! 

On 2017-01-14 at 8:53 PM, Justin Matney said:

I asked Strossen about that a while back via email. He said they rate them from the middle of the handle rather than the end. Aside from that, what he described was similar to rgc. 

Seemed pretty straightforward. I don't think for instance that 280 for a number 3 is the arbitrary figure people make it out to be. It's simply a range based upon a method of rating. The same people who scoff at the number 280 often have no problem with 150 as a general range. 

Rating from the end of the handle may be easier and more reliable, but I think the middle of the handle tells the full story. Unless your hand is an inch wide. 

If you squeeze a dynamo you often end up somewhere in between RGC ratings and IM ratings. 

• 2 months later...

I am not that experienced in hand grippers. But I decided to give them (silarukov grippers) a try. Bought 8 of them from 50kg to 120kg. I have to say they are different than Silvis, different to CoC, and also GHP. For that difference, I think they are worth the buy. One needs variety. These are narrow spread, very well made. And very different in how the torsion spring is used. I don't know about RGC or any of that, and I really don't care. If you have the money I would suggest ordering some. They are really good grippers and do feel hand made ... my two cents, since some people gave them bad rep from the beginning ... Please don't ask me for ratings or any of that.. i don't care about rgc...