UT 45 lb made by York Plates (Worth it?)

Morgan

I found this on Craigslist and the guy offer me $250 for a pair and he can deliver to my house.

I really don't care about the UT but he told me these plates were made by York so that is why I am interested in these.

Are these worth $250?

00y0y_bzu1YnlXJlv_600x450.jpg

Edited by Morgan

Unless you played football there, then I would think not. 

• Like 1

Let me clarify.  Let's say they ARE York deep dish. They would carry the related hub and plate pinch difficulty, but with none of the prestige because you would constantly be clarifying, "...they're true Yorks.. I swear."  

The reason to buy these is if you have "Hook'em Horns" tattooed on your pecker because you're a massive fan. 

Totally just my opinion, but I feel like you're paying memorbelia prices because they were obviously custom made for the club. Maybe the price would be the same if they were unbranded Yorks, but then they would say they are Yorks. 

• Like 3

they actually don't even look like they're deep dish, at least not the original version.

• Like 1

I would lay a bet they are York's.  Dr. Terry Todd graduated from UT and taught at UT. Todd also had a close association with Bob Hoffman (York founder) who trained Todd. Todd also was the editor and a writer of "Strength and Health". A magazine published by Hoffman/York

• Like 2

These plates too are pretty cool.. Just think of all the NFL stars that went to UT in the 60s,70s,80s, etc. that possibly used these very same plates

• Like 1