I Beams for Improving Grip

Cellar Psycho

Hi everyone, Here's an idea I thought about a while ago but thought it would be shot down prety quik.     

Use a piece of I beam , for me 4 inches or less measured across the top flat part or the "i". Four feet or longer. And use it for Up-Right Rows, Bent Over Rows, DeadLift, etc. If it's not heavy enough you can always add chain or weld on stubs to add plates.  I've used an I Beam in the back yard on and off since the spring, but now I'm thinking about adding some finishing touches on it & bringing it into the cellar (to use it) for the winter.   Short sections may be good for One-Arm Rows or Curls.

• Like 4

Hi JHenze646,     Thanks for the interest !    I can't post pictures yet, How many post do I have to make before I'm able to ?   Is there some other way I can explain it ?

I am not sure what the constraints are for posting pictures for new members. Plus I can barely tie my shoes let alone understand an operating system.

• Like 1

It finally worked ! If it wasn't for my wife I would still be living in a cave (or my torture chamber :-) the blank posting was one of my few attempts at trying.

I'll be posting a few more pictures shortly.

Of the actual I Beam (not the other beam)...... from the top flat to the bottom flat is 4 & 1/4 inches. Now I realize why you were asking how I set my grip.   If I could curl it like that - thumb on the top flat face & 4 fingers on the bottom flat face - heck, I would of picked Godzilla for my forum name  :-)

I half heartedly tried it just before while measuring it & although my fingers & thumb could make it they were barely on.   A 3 &1/2'' may work but the 4-1/4'' is a no go for me.

Now that I found my password again & my technical advisor is able to post pictures, I'll be posting some other ideas for grip toys.

• Like 1

Cool stuff, I've been using a piece of rail road joint and a piece of 4" solid round steel at work. they aren't extremely heavy but good for one handed stuff like kb swings, snatches, and timed holds.

20161207_044955.jpg

Think the RR joint is about 55# and the round is about 33# or so. odd sized objects are great!

• Like 1