TTK awkward?

Roger Roberson

Does anyone else find that the TTK is very awkward to use. Feels like it's more of a pinch then crushing using thumb pad 

I have one made by Warren Tetting but it's basically the same thing.   While I never found myself truly training with it, I discovered that by both  changing the elevation of the device and using a wood block under my wrist, I was able to eliminate some of the cheating ...

i think that is one of the biggest problems with the TTK-- it's hard to "keep honest"

• Like 1

Yeah it's not what I expected . I'll keep playing with it though 

Very. I ended up injuring thumb joint ligament due to the side loading with higher weight as I got stronger on it. Sold mine years ago.

What's a TTK?

3 minutes ago, Yan_Wei said:

What's a TTK?

Titan's Telegraph Key

• Like 1

I lift the end Pinch end slightly to eliminate cheating. Recently I've been using it more for negatives. 

I put mine on an armwrestling table (40") off the ground. I'm 6' tall 

I find that using 2 hands seems to prevent too much cheating. Along with the elevation that's how I keep from cheating with it. 

I haven't tried the TTK but I've tried pinch converter handles on grippers and I think that feels really awkward. Any dynamic thumb training feels awkward for me, I don't like it. I think it's better to use block weights with different widths. Also levering with thick bars, like the IronMind Heavy Hammer is very good, it hits the thumb pad really hard.

• Like 1

First, I made my own from a picture so its all different leverage wise.

I like the telegraph devices and think they have good benefits. Just like anything else, it depends on how you use it. I believe @John McCarter has a good video on how he uses it.

I am going to be using mine tonight in training. I can take some pics to post on how I use it if you like.

• Like 3

I went and bought some smaller plates today for my TTK ATM I can only one hand about 30-35lb feels awesome burn dunno if that's good or not .

Feels less awkward with smaller plates only had 45s to try it with other day

Thanks for pictures man I may try this see how it feel.

• Like 1

1020162129.jpg1020162129b.jpgI use the telegraph mostly for rep work and holds one hand at a time. I set up off to one side with my knuckles on the table to keep from using my fingers too much. I concentrate on squeezing my thumb down, not pushing my thumb forward.

1020162133.jpg

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, JHenze646 said:

1020162129.jpg1020162129b.jpgI use the telegraph mostly for rep work and holds one hand at a time. I set up off to one side with my knuckles on the table to keep from using my fingers too much. I concentrate on squeezing my thumb down, not pushing my thumb forward.

1020162133.jpg

Sometimes i do it like you in the last picture but two handed. It is more isolated thump work.

I bought another TTK I figured I gotta buy more weights for the olympic version I have now cause the 30lb I have is getting easy so by time I buy more weight would probaly equal to the other TTK . Bought the titan standard one since 90% of the weights I have is standard 

It'd be interesting (for me at least) to see your technique for one handing 40+ pounds. 

• Like 1

When the titan gets here will see if can get a video or pics

I may be cheating I use both hands with thumbs on top to get it down dunno if that's a legal lift or not 

2 minutes ago, Roger Roberson said:

I may be cheating I use both hands with thumbs on top to get it down dunno if that's a legal lift or not 

That would be a hold or a negative but as far as I'm aware the TTK is only a training tool, it's not used in competitions.

• Like 1

O ok so how ever can get it up then Kool 

What's the most weight anyone has done on the TTK ? If anyone knows 

How much are TTKs generally?