TTK awkward?

Roger Roberson

If you buy from ironmind is over 100$ + shipping 

Think I saw on YouTube awhile back now that I'm thinking about it John Mcarter had 60-70 lb on his and lifted it .he's a beast . Awesome info on his videos also

• Like 1

On 10/25/2016 at 2:27 PM, Roger Roberson said:

Think I saw on YouTube awhile back now that I'm thinking about it John Mcarter had 60-70 lb on his and lifted it .he's a beast . Awesome info on his videos also

Once a goes into those weight ranges everything changes real fast. Using weight at that level are seriously no joke. It wants to pull the joints out and you have to fight it.

Since making 2 videos on the TTK, I've done many different things with the device.

Do you still use yours ? If so you are still at that level? 

28 minutes ago, Roger Roberson said:

Do you still use yours ? If so you are still at that level? 

Yep, still use it; few weeks since it was last used but it's one of the few tools I'm not going to part with. Right now (just tested it out to see what I could do while cold) I can hit 64 lbs. If I was to start back up it take a couple of weeks to get back up to 70+ range.

Dang man that's beast that's use both hands then let go with one hand once get it up?

1 hour ago, Roger Roberson said:

Dang man that's beast that's use both hands then let go with one hand once get it up?

When it's that high I use both hands. I've done one hand close to 60 lbs but anything over 70 lbs is just insane. Even cheating the weight down is hard.

Man 60 is insane hope I can get there awesome man . 

Here's technique I like to start out with . With thumbs on outside then being them in once weight is up.

i manage to get 13lbs of chain I had plus 30 lbs of plates on the TTK . Probaly could get 50lb if was fresh 

IMG_0428.JPG

IMG_0429.JPG

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Is there a more portable piece of equipment that's adjustable which could be used for thumb training? Something that could be put into a backpack for example? 

Edited by Yan_Wei

54 minutes ago, Yan_Wei said:

Is there a more portable piece of equipment that's adjustable which could be used for thumb training? Something that could be put into a backpack for example? 

A Vulcan gripper with the Thumb Screws

On 10/25/2016 at 1:37 PM, Roger Roberson said:

I may be cheating I use both hands with thumbs on top to get it down dunno if that's a legal lift or not 

Any training is legit. Even cheating. Cheating is a legit way to get stronger. Just don't cheat on certs or in contests 😬

• Like 3

I finished a prototype one a few days ago that is a different design and doesn't have the side joint loading that the original has and caused me to get rid of it. Looking forward to training this movement now.

- Aaron

10 hours ago, WestSlope said:

Are you planning on sharing your device or will you be fabricating and selling? I would throw some money at a slick thumb training machine.

I do on occasion build stuff to order for folks. I just don't advertise due to limited time. This would be something I could do. PM me if you like. I haven't painted the prototype yet but have a couple pics and you could get an idea of how it works from those. Martin drove down from the Phoenix area today and trained with me. He tried out some of the new prototypes including that one and we both had got some good work in.

- Aaron

• Like 1

I have been thinking about the TTK for a while and what could be done better and this morning I decided to play with my kids Legos to make a model of an idea I have had in my head for a long long time....
I just shot my first YouTube video inspired by Jared G. so I can show this idea off to people.

Behold, The Cine Pinch:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jiTWu_u3Lyg

• Like 4

1 hour ago, richcottrell said:

I have been thinking about the TTK for a while and what could be done better and this morning I decided to play with my kids Legos to make a model of an idea I have had in my head for a long long time....
I just shot my first YouTube video inspired by Jared G. so I can show this idea off to people.

Behold, The Cine Pinch:

This is genius. I may make one while I'm on Thanksgiving break. 

2 hours ago, richcottrell said:

Behold, The Cine Pinch:

You should make more videos. That was fantastic.

• Like 1

Great idea Rich! By open source I think you mean we can all run with that idea? I'm totally building one...somehow. If that's ok.

• Like 1

This is a great idea and much better design than TTK.

I suggest you contact Jared Goguen, actually built one together and get a Patent on it before someone else beats you to it.

Wishing you the best in this venture

I am going to start a new thread on The Cine Pinch... as I did not mean to take over this thread on the TTK and it looks like we are moving on to new territory and ideas...

rich