Mountain versus Inch

Kashtan

bob done3.jpg

• Like 5

1 hour ago, odin said:

He must have done it last after being completely worn out.

Bob is too kind and humble. Because he manhandles the Inch, he has trouble believing one of the World's Strongest Men has trouble with it.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, jvance said:

Lmao was not expecting a struggle from him. Sure it was 172?

This Inch - 176 lbs.

Edited by Kashtan
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, Anton.Torrella said:

That video makes him seem human...

I think it shows how difficult it really is to lift this type of dumbbells and also that strength is very specific.

Maybe he was worn out but you'd still expect someone who competes in WSM to lift it fairly easy.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hubgeezer said:

Bob is too kind and humble. Because he manhandles the Inch, he has trouble believing one of the World's Strongest Men has trouble with it.

Thank you Mike, don't know about "kind and humble", just trying to wrap my mind around how he has such huge DL and other monstrous lifting #s plus his hand completely encircles the handle and also seems to touch or possibly be wedged between both globes and he didn't lift it higher? There was no gap between his thumb and fingers at all, so it wasn't much of a thickbar for him, was it? And if his hand touched the globes on each side, the rotation would be pretty much squashed. I figured he was more likely to clean it than not DL it at all. I  know it is a specific strength, but you'd think he'd have enough of that strength from the variety of work strongmen do. I'm sure he'd kill it fresh.

• Like 3

This surely surprised me. I thought it will be a piece of cake. See the video wasn't that clear but it didn't seem his thumb and finger touched. Anyway maybe he didn't have the specific strength or he was extremely tired. Either ways it shows the Inch is a monster which I remember few years back I was arguing with another gripboard member who lifts the Inch and claimed it was easy and I told him never maybe for you but not for all.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Alawadhi said:

This surely surprised me. I thought it will be a piece of cake. See the video wasn't that clear but it didn't seem his thumb and finger touched. Anyway maybe he didn't have the specific strength or he was extremely tired. Either ways it shows the Inch is a monster which I remember few years back I was arguing with another gripboard member who lifts the Inch and claimed it was easy and I told him never maybe for you but not for all.

It's a little easier to see in the overhead press pic, clearly a very large hand.

14502709_318421165183618_324681159063739245_n.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, odin said:

It's a little easier to see in the overhead press pic, clearly a very large hand.

14502709_318421165183618_324681159063739245_n.jpg

Damn man yes that is full. In the video though it didn't look like it. His thumb pad is HUGE too. Maybe he was sooo tired.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This is hard to believe, there must be more footage. Surely he was just fooling around!

Checking this again in the photo Bob posted he seemed to cover the entire Inch but in the video when he couldn't it seemed as if he could not cover the Inch. What do you think @odin? Maybe in the photo is chalk which seems to us like his hands? Either ways I feel he can lift it fresh.

From this angel it seems his hands cannot wrap the entire Inch

hafthor.png

Edited by Alawadhi

I don't think it's that surprising. You don't have to have super strong thumbs and wrists for strongman these days, especially with tacky on the stones (though stone of steel is starting to feature more). Also I think with all the really large handed grip guys making this look easy people are forgetting the inch Dumbbell is actually hard even for some of the best in grip (he did attempt it no chalk or warm up).

You can see from ed Hall competing in a grip comp recently that although at a good level, against the world's best in grip he wouldn't be anywhere near the top. He won the contest but certainly didn't dominate against, being fair, not the toughest of competitors for probably the most statically strong person ever. He was lagging in the thumb and wrist events, which is what you need to be strong to lift the inch. I'd also say he for sure has a better grip than Thor.

• Like 2

On 2.11.2016 at 8:08 AM, Handyman said:

This is hard to believe, there must be more footage. Surely he was just fooling around!

I organized this contest and grip show at Nordic Fitness Expo stage and I have all video materials at this happening and short interview too. I dont wanna upload those on you tube and all you know the reason too. 

Minna Pajulahti and Thor came on stage without warming. Thor knew what INCH 78KG Dumbbell is but never tried it earlier. He was very busy all weekend, lot of fan pics, interviews many different medias etc. 

He tried it with chalk but no lift. His hand is larger than mine (20.5cm) but not like Mark Felix or Riku Karu's hands. 

Yes, no lift was big suprise for all people but must to say that my 176lbs INCH is not easy to lift. Over 1000 man has tried it and only 11 succesfully lifters at this moment.

http://www.gripmonsters.fi/news.php?subaction=showfull&id=1475333964&archive=&start_from=&ucat=&

• Like 4

@Juha Harju my friend since you were there could he have his entire hands wrapped around the Inch? 

Slightly surprised he didn't lift it, but it would probably also take him about 2 weeks to make it look pedestrian

14 hours ago, Alawadhi said:

@Juha Harju my friend since you were there could he have his entire hands wrapped around the Inch? 

Hi Bader.

I must watch my videos and will answer later.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Juha Harju said:

Hi Bader.

I must watch my videos and will answer later.

Sure

I uploaded hidden video which tell more what happened. If you are interested of it please ask link.

-Juha

Edited by Juha Harju

4 hours ago, Juha Harju said:

I uploaded hidden video which tell more what happened. If you are interested of it please ask link.

-Juha

Please send me the link on my PM