Technique question

Donc101

After my bending workout yesterday, I taped a bend.  1st time taping a bend.  The initial kink is always the hardest part for me.  Once the bar starts moving its normally going to go good and I will be able to complete the bend.  I seem to not get much kinking power until I am bent at the waist forward.  Any help with technique or suggestions for kinking power would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!

Don

IMG_0426.MOV

No, it wont play for me.  If you have a YouTube account, uploading it to YouTube and posting the link is an easy way to go

Ok, I just made a youtube account and hopefully this works.  Sorry for the video problems.

• Like 1

I'm certainly no expert, however one thing i noticed was the loose wraps.  Tommy has a video on how to wrap a nail in IMP's that pretty much changed my life (I couldn't tell what you had for wraps but IMP would be my recommendation depending on your goals).  

As far as the technique itself the angle of your arms looks off.  They should be aligned so your not chicken winging or pointed down like your texting.  I have the most power when my elbows and wrist are aligned.  I would research the bending section and experiment with volume to fine tune your technique, trying different hand placements.  I added some pictures to help show what I mean.  They are just screen shots of when I start my bend and when yours started.  My technique is far from perfect, but I think you will get more power on the kink with that tweak.

image.png

image.png

100% agree with what Josh said. You are starting the kink with your hands/wrists/arms too far away from your body. It looks like you are trying to kink the bar with your hands only and not using your body. Not sure if it is a flexibility issue or otherwise, but correcting it will help your kink roughly 954%.

Nice piece you bent there though

Edit: As shown in Josh's video, you should start your kink with your thumbs or thumb pads either touching or close to touching your clavicle or somewhere thereabout.

Edited by Billy Jack
add

I look forward to seeing more videos.  That bar you bent is certainly no joke, a few technique tweaks and some major steel will fall.  

I had a similar problem, pictures of start position look the same and I got basically the same advice. Check the 5 page pinned thread, read the whole thing but I have a blue nail video on page 5. On my instagram there's a later video with an fbbc 1/4×7 with better kink posotioning. In addition, don't try to point your wrists too far up, it just beat up my index fingers and kink doesn't go as well.

Wobbler, I am new with the format of everything, where do I find the pinned thread? Thanks.

Here, or just hit back and scroll up a bit, the ones at the top with a green little pushpin icon