Daniel Fleming

283.9lbs on the 2" V bar

Bodyweight: 176lbs even

Unofficial -83k world record?
(description is in the video box)

Edited by Daniel Fleming
  • Like 9

VERY impressive.  

As far as records go...it's a complicated mess.  

There are NAGS records which only recognize lifts in sanctioned contests...and then there are FBBC records.

I do know that Darrin Shallman managed 300lbs at 150lb BW. 

After seeing you live at Tom's...I can't wait to see what you pull at King Kong.  

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, anwnate said:

VERY impressive.  

As far as records go...it's a complicated mess.  

There are NAGS records which only recognize lifts in sanctioned contests...and then there are FBBC records.

I do know that Darrin Shallman managed 300lbs at 150lb BW. 

After seeing you live at Tom's...I can't wait to see what you pull at King Kong.  

Thanks alot, Nate!
And yea, as for the record, I know gripsport.org records come from sanctioned events

and FBBC has their own thing going.

Ive also seen Darrin pull 300 (which is insane)

I just don't know if anyone competing in the -83kg class has lifted more than this. 
Hence the question mark.

But at King Kong I think i'll be good for even more!
That's going to be a huge day!
I can't wait to compete!

Edited by Daniel Fleming
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Daniel Fleming said:

Thanks alot, Nate!
And yea, as for the record, I know gripsport.org records come from sanctioned events

and FBBC has their own thing going.

Ive also seen Darrin pull 300 (which is insane)

I just don't know if anyone competing in the -83kg class has lifted more than this. 
Hence the question mark.

But at King Kong I think i'll be good for even more!
That's going to be a huge day!
I can't wait to compete!

I think at this point, the only thing you can do is...unify the titles. :rock

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, bencrush said:

Great pulls, Daniel!!!

Thanks Ben!!

Great lift Daniel!

As far as world records go I would much prefer if the term 'world record' is not used at all for training lifts.

A lot of people competing in grip don't mention their training lifts and training PRs are invariably set when 'all the planets are aligned'.

strong as usual Dan! that's more than 100lb heavier than your body weight! I'm gonna say pound for pound one of the strongest guys in the sport right now in every aspect of grip.

Mikael, personally I think it's fine if you take care to say 'unofficial'. some world records even for Guinness book are done through video submissions nowadays from what I've seen. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Evan Raftopoulos said:

strong as usual Dan! that's more than 100lb heavier than your body weight! I'm gonna say pound for pound one of the strongest guys in the sport right now in every aspect of grip.

Mikael, personally I think it's fine if you take care to say 'unofficial'. some world records even for Guinness book are done through video submissions nowadays from what I've seen. 

Thanks a lot Evan, I really appreciate it!

7 hours ago, Mikael Siversson said:

Great lift Daniel!

As far as world records go I would much prefer if the term 'world record' is not used at all for training lifts.

A lot of people competing in grip don't mention their training lifts and training PRs are invariably set when 'all the planets are aligned'.

I guess thanks, but if you prefer not using the term WR in your training lifts, then by all means don't use it.
But I like to stoke myself with hunting down WR's and posting PR's and I dont see anything wrong with that.

I've been able to stay super motivated, mentally strong, and consistently improve by doing so, so I don't see myself changing anytime soon.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Kashtan said:

Great result Daniel! 

Thanks again, dude!

5 hours ago, Daniel Fleming said:

I guess thanks, but if you prefer not using the term WR in your training lifts, then by all means don't use it.
But I like to stoke myself with hunting down WR's and posting PR's and I dont see anything wrong with that.

I've been able to stay super motivated, mentally strong, and consistently improve by doing so, so I don't see myself changing anytime soon.

But WRs are 'hunted down' in competition. There are not many sports that I can think of where people refer to their PR max as 'world record' or 'unofficial world record' because for a starter it would imply that all competitor's training PRs are public knowledge. If you don't know how much your closest competitors pull in training it becomes completely nonsensical to refer to your training lifts as 'unofficial world records'.

34 minutes ago, Mikael Siversson said:

But WRs are 'hunted down' in competition. There are not many sports that I can think of where people refer to their PR max as 'world record' or 'unofficial world record' because for a starter it would imply that all competitor's training PRs are public knowledge. If you don't know how much your closest competitors pull in training it becomes completely nonsensical to refer to your training lifts as 'unofficial world records'.

I put the question mark to see if find out if others viewing this had done/seen more and could reply to me.
And I can "hunt down" world records at home if I feel like it.  Might not be in the official world record listings, but it keeps me motivated and its something I like doing.
Maybe don't worry about what I'm posting then..? I don't know what else to tell you, man.
I'm not the first person in grip sport to refer to a lift as an unoffical WR.

Edited by Daniel Fleming
  • Like 1

Great pull Daniel!

You will be in the mix for the overall championship at King Kong; the 83k class will be an afterthought the way you are going!

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, odin said:

Great pull Daniel!

You will be in the mix for the overall championship at King Kong; the 83k class will be an afterthought the way you are going!

Thanks a lot, Bob!   Im excited to compete!

Very strong lift Dan.. beast!!  

38 minutes ago, robertmiller67 said:

Very strong lift Dan.. beast!!  

Thank you Robert!

• Like 1

Wow

• Like 1