Russian bender Alexander Klimovich bend Red Nail 6.5" in 1/3 IM pads (cordura 10*30cm)

RobertKazan

Another crazy impressive bend.  We are heading towards the no wrap Red. :)

5 hours ago, mgalovic said:

Man, I wonder if he is damaging the nerves in his hands.

Wonder if he has any nerves in his hands

8 hours ago, mgalovic said:

Man, I wonder if he is damaging the nerves in his hands.

how do you think you get good at this lol

• Like 1

I realize he is desensitizing the sensory nerves, like Muay Thai fighters do their shins. But, the shins do not have much flesh or muscle there. I'm wondering if motor nerve damaged in the hand could be an issue.

Probably not unless he actually stabs himself.  The body is capable of some pretty righteous shit.  Check out those Chinese dudes who practice Iron Palm and can break open a coconut with two fingers.  

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Mike Sharkey said:

Probably not unless he actually stabs himself.  The body is capable of some pretty righteous shit.  Check out those Chinese dudes who practice Iron Palm and can break open a coconut with two fingers.  

I read somewhere that you got to be careful with Iron Palm, because you could damage your heart doing it wrong. From what I understood, they were referring to the shock that could rebound back into your heart, like how if you hit a tree with a bat it will reverberate back into your hands. 

But, shortly after I strained a muscle in my palm with gripper training I had episode with my heart. The two could be unrelated. It just got me thinking about this stuff I read about reflexology, where different pressure points in the hands and feet are connected with our organs. I'm not saying I subscribe to the notion, but I'm open to learning more about it to find out if it has any basis.

To me, this bend is world class.  I know bigger bars have been bent in 'more padding'--i.e. one full IMP, one full DHWOG pad, etc.-- but has anything harder than a cut red been bent in 1/3rd of 1 IMP with this kind of documentation?

• Like 3

8 hours ago, KRC said:

To me, this bend is world class.  I know bigger bars have been bent in 'more padding'--i.e. one full IMP, one full DHWOG pad, etc.-- but has anything harder than a cut red been bent in 1/3rd of 1 IMP with this kind of documentation?

Agreed... very tough bend with minimal padding/ wraps!  

Outstanding bend Robertkazan!  :o

9 hours ago, mgalovic said:

I read somewhere that you got to be careful with Iron Palm, because you could damage your heart doing it wrong. From what I understood, they were referring to the shock that could rebound back into your heart, like how if you hit a tree with a bat it will reverberate back into your hands. 

But, shortly after I strained a muscle in my palm with gripper training I had episode with my heart. The two could be unrelated. It just got me thinking about this stuff I read about reflexology, where different pressure points in the hands and feet are connected with our organs. I'm not saying I subscribe to the notion, but I'm open to learning more about it to find out if it has any basis.

I've been practicing iron hand for years and have pierced a green coconut with a "phoenix eye fist." I can assure you that his training wont damage his hands, as he has already shown they can take the beating. Some people mystify "iron body" training mainly due to the old asian "poetic" descriptions of training and medicine. It simply doesnt apply today with our understanding. They where very cautious because of limited knowledge. With steady progression and training vs testing,  the unbelievable becomes normal. Dont worry about your heart, worry about breathing in metallic dust if you reach the truly advanced stage of tie sha zhang.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Jose Cabrera said:

With steady progression and training vs testing,  the unbelievable becomes normal

This.  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Jose Cabrera said:

I've been practicing iron hand for years and have pierced a green coconut with a "phoenix eye fist." I can assure you that his training wont damage his hands, as he has already shown they can take the beating. Some people mystify "iron body" training mainly due to the old asian "poetic" descriptions of training and medicine. It simply doesnt apply today with our understanding. They where very cautious because of limited knowledge. With steady progression and training vs testing,  the unbelievable becomes normal. Dont worry about your heart, worry about breathing in metallic dust if you reach the truly advanced stage of tie sha zhang.

I might try get back into that iron body stuff. I've only dabbled in it here and there before. And, maybe even train the iron hand a little. It's nice to have some variation, or else I find myself overtraining grip. So many things, so little time and desire to do them lol. Pretty cool how you could pierce a coconut. Thanks for sharing.

Here is an exercise I just did for the first time in a while as a way to get a little something in, since I hadn't worked out on a busy day. I thought it was good. It's like one of the only breathing exercises I do, along with a little power breathing rarely. In front of a mirror, with your shirt off. Your gaze may change here and there, but typically it is somewhere around the solar plexus and in a near-sighted state, so it is as if your surroundings and your reflection are in your periphery, even though it is right in front of you. Typically, take breaths in through your nose and exhale them through your mouth. When you exhale, tighten your muscles. The exhaled breath should sound breathy, almost wheezy since you're contracting your throat as well, and get louder with higher intensity. You should inhale and exhale pretty much fully without feeling like you're overdoing it. Really, the exhale is what I take into its lower limits on the contraction. You can focus intensity on different regions and thus devote more occipital attention to them as well, but your whole body pretty much tightens up at least a little with each contraction. For me, the chest and rotator cuffs tend to stay pretty well contracted pretty much the whole time. You can do different poses and movements when you take breaths in and out and in-between breaths. You can take breaks and relax and then tighten up again depending on how you feel. Start up normal. Build intensity. And finish relaxed.

What's funny is that as you stand in front of the mirror doing your routine and looking through your periphery, your mind plays tricks on you. You might notice yourself morphing a little. Your countenance may change. As the intensity increases, your mouth will open up more and show more teeth on the exhale. You're releasing the beast. Don't get scared. It's still you. Just another side of you. The side to be summoned as a last resort in self defense and defense of others. Your chest will start popping out. Your abs will get ripped. Don't get carried away with it mentally. Mentally, or internally, you should be a calm observer. Externally, at times, you may take on the appearance of a monster. Oh, the duality. Your body turns into an exoskeleton. It functions as one cohesive unit. You become the power ranger inside the giant robot lol. Like: