Goal coc4 quickly

jojo8

2 hours ago, avasatu said:

Very nice John! Did you record this close by any chance? 

No I didn't. Right after the "person" bought the grippers, I knew it was a part of me that I would have to say goodbye to and it hit me hard; no regret, just one final goal to get out of the way. I had to do one final go with them, recording didn't matter, I know it should have but I just didn't care at that moment. I wanted to close something in the 200 lb range and I attacked my 205 lb rated Super Elite or BTR #4. It was one of those moments I felt my zenith with hand grippers. The #4 didn't go but the SE closed up. Every gripper below that felt like nothing.

It was a strange moment, almost like time stood still. After closing a gripper in that range, I know I'm done with them. Like I have stated before, I have nothing left in the tank when it comes to training grippers.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Jose Cabrera said:

Im gonna be straight with you. If all you can close is a "1." Youde better forget that 4 in 4. Infact forget a 3 in a year. If you're trolling, get on with it and get  yourself a ban. If youre just misguided, do yourself a favor and use the search button. Youre being a child.

Well, I've trained for about 7 months now and just a about a month ago I tns a gripper rated at 125 (preset T-Rex adjustable) and could have possibly done more. I think it was Wednesday of this week where I closed my I'M Tug 6 for 6 reps (index & middle finger) total (after heavy work with other grippers) and those are around 95 lbs or 42 kgs rgc. I in February had an HG 200 and another gripper XF 150 (likely rated around 75 lbs) that I couldn't close, now I'm almost at a CoC 3 level (or maybe i already am, dont have any CoC besides my hard 2.5). I've been making gains again (weekly) after implementing some new exercises into my routine and the results I find are great. At this rate I believe I'll be able to TNS at least a gripper around 150 by the end of the year (I'm hoping 165, but we'll see).

Edited by Yan_Wei
Fixed error

6 minutes ago, John McCarter said:

No I didn't. Right after the "person" bought the grippers, I knew it was a part of me that I would have to say goodbye to and it hit me hard; no regret, just one final goal to get out of the way. I had to do one final go with them, recording didn't matter, I know it should have but I just didn't care at that moment. I wanted to close something in the 200 lb range and I attacked my 205 lb rated Super Elite or BTR #4. It was one of those moments I felt my zenith with hand grippers. The #4 didn't go but the SE closed up. Every gripper below that felt like nothing.

It was a strange moment, almost like time stood still. After closing a gripper in that range, I know I'm done with them. Like I have stated before, I have nothing left in the tank when it comes to training grippers.

What kind of close was it?

Just now, Yan_Wei said:

What kind of close was it?

MMS set 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Yan_Wei said:

Well, I've trained for about 7 months now and just a about a month ago I tns a gripper rated at 125 (preset T-Rex adjustable) and could have possibly done more. I think it was Wednesday of this week where I closed my I'M Tug 6 for 6 reps (index & middle finger) total (after heavy work with other grippers) and those are around 95 lbs or 42 kgs rgc. I in February had an HG 200 and another gripper XF 150 (likely rated around 75 lbs) that I couldn't close, now I'm almost at a CoC 3 level (or maybe i already am, dont have any CoC besides my hard 2.5). I've been making gains again (weekly) after implementing some new exercises into my routine and the results I find are great. At this rate I believe I'll be able to TNS at least a gripper around 150 by the end of the year (I'm hoping 165, but we'll see).

Hey man, im not saying he cant make great progress. Im saying hes being unrealistic. I closed a 1.5 the first time i touched a real gripper, still cant close a 2.5. My pinch and thickbar have improved quite a bit though. Congrats on your progress but, understand your results are in no way typical. Most people i have met need to bust there asses for a 10lb rgc increase, let alone a 150 lbs.

• Like 1