Goal coc4 quickly

jojo8

Je pense que c'est la seule façon de le faire que j'ai le 1, 1.5, 2, 2.5, 3, 3.5 et le 4. Mon objectif est de fermer le 4. Je suis très proche de déterminer le plus vite possible. Moi parce que je pense 4 fois par semaine lundi et vendredi Mardi Mardi que ceux qui pensent que mon programme ne fait que maintenir une sangle: 0,5 kg 1 kg 10s 10s et négatif sur 1,5 pouce d'épaisseur dumbel 3 pour la force du pouce 40s. Je m'attendais à vos commentaires avec impatience Merci vous tous

• Like 1

What can you close now? You don't get stronger from stenth training, you get stronger durine recovery. 4 days a week is not going to work.

• Like 1

The must I would do is twice a week if you are really working hard during the workouts. Especially if you don't have tons of experience. You need time to adapt to the training. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jojo8 said:

I think this is the only way to do that i have the 1, 1.5, 2, 2.5, 3, 3.5 and the 4 my goal is to close the 4 I am very very close to determine as quickly as as possible it does not scare me cause I think 4 times a week monday and friday Thuesday Thuesday those who think my program is just doing strap hold: 0.5 kg 1 kg 10s 10s and negative on 1.5 inch thick dumbel 3 for thumb strengh 40s .i expected your comments with impatience thank you all

I mean unless you get all your macros (protein, carbs, fat & calories) needed, careful but strict/disciplined training as well as enough sleep/rest, you won't be making any gains, but love the enthusiasm. I have a similar goal gripper-wise as you.

Edited by Yan_Wei
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, slazbob said:

Nathan Holle trained up to 4 times a week with grippers. 

The issue is not everyone (especially beginners) can handle that mingled with high volume/intensity training so often.

1 hour ago, slazbob said:

Nathan Holle trained up to 4 times a week with grippers. 

Ya. I wouldn't use an extreme outlier as an example. There are freaks of nature out there but many people aren't like them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chez said:

Ya. I wouldn't use an extreme outlier as an example. There are freaks of nature out there but many people aren't like them.

His strength was/is "freakish"...

but his training was not so. 10 attempts up to 4 times a week isn't so crazy.

im going by memory of the coc book, so I may not be spot on.

trying Nathan's method wouldn't be the worst idea. How could I leave him out?

i was just letting the person who started this thread know that it's not impossible to train 4x's a week. It may be perfect for him. 

11 minutes ago, slazbob said:

His strength was/is "freakish"...

but his training was not so. 10 attempts up to 4 times a week isn't so crazy.

im going by memory of the coc book, so I may not be spot on.

trying Nathan's method wouldn't be the worst idea. How could I leave him out?

i was just letting the person who started this thread know that it's not impossible to train 4x's a week. It may be perfect for him. 

Yet another dude I have seen in countless threads talking about other people's training with nary a SINGLE video of himself doing ANYTHING.  Rock on keyboard warrior.  Rock on.  

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Chez said:

The must I would do is twice a week if you are really working hard during the workouts. Especially if you don't have tons of experience. You need time to adapt to the training. 

Here you have an actual grip phenom giving you advice.  MM6.  Pretty rare air right there.  Might be smart to listen to him.

• Like 1

What's the hurry to close a #4 ?????

I'm having a little trouble remembering the last trainee who certified closing one in "quick" time. Can someone point me to an example?

I'd be taking on board what Chez has suggested. . . .but your enthusiasm is commendable.

• Like 2

Jojo8, no one can give you any advice or comments without knowing anything about how long you have been involved with grip, what your current strength level is, what other type of strength training you do, etc. 

• Like 2

There are tons of ways to train and everyone responds differently. I still say start slow, log your progress so you evaluate your results and over time change things to find what works best. You may be one of those guys who recovers quickly and responds best to frequent punishing workouts. If that is the case, you can up the intensity and frequency gradually. 

This is all discussion and people giving opinions. No one is right or wrong. It is good to get different opinions. When I started on the board, I researched various training techniques and experimented with them to find what works best for me.  

Edited by Chez
  • Like 3

The CoC4 is not a "quick" goal. Realistically, you may train for years never close it. Similar to a 900lb deadlift, it is absolutely elite and at the limits of current human physiology.

That said, in encourage you to train to be as strong as you can be and hope that some day you attain your goal. There is a lot of good advice here, so absorb everything you can.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Squeezus said:

The CoC4 is not a "quick" goal. Realistically, you may train for years never close it. Similar to a 900lb deadlift, it is absolutely elite and at the limits of current human physiology.

That said, in encourage you to train to be as strong as you can be and hope that some day you attain your goal. There is a lot of good advice here, so absorb everything you can.

I agree with this. For certain high level feats like a COC 4 close, 270 euro pinch, 600 lb bench press, 1,000 squat or deadlift, genetics comes into play. No one knows if they have the genetics until they train hard for a long time. No matter if you have the genetics or not, work hard and see how far you get. 

• Like 1

My approach to training is to listen to your body. I pretty much like to do some sort of training on a daily basis. I may take a day or two off here and there, depending on how I feel. If you've seen some of my other posts, you probably know I'm like a broken record: The wider the base the higher the peak.

I'm building a base by getting in a decent amount of reps. I train both hands equally, because I want symmetry. If one body part is too sore I work a different part. I try work my whole body too. Getting overall stronger will play into the grip strength.

For grip, I do narrow gripper training, with a narrow set: that works the palms more; wide gripper training which works the fingers more, pinch grip training with a titan's telegraph type thing for the thumb, pinch block, wide grip pull-ups and chin- ups which are great for wrists and the bottom side of the forearm. Plate curls: I go light with those because I think it's easy to get a set-back causing injury doing them, but a few sets can add up to a nice pump. I read here building a stronger wrist is crucial for developing a strong grip. John Brookfield's rolling of towels or runner rugs is something I'm thinking of incorporating, because it looks healthy.

I'm also getting into bending.

Another thing I found: if your elbows start to hurt, go for a run. I think it cleans them out. Call me crazy, but I see a difference. Do what feels right. Quick gains might not last. It's not a race.

When I get a wider base, I may get into holds and negatives, but my elbows don't like those now.

Edited by mgalovic

7 minutes ago, jojo8 said:

I measure 1.82 for 80kg with a lot of fast swith fiber of muscle after my analysis I have much strength I was surprised to see my this is not my thing I'm not premature five months and three weeks 2 1kg at birth and has lost weight 900g i was very very small'm more interested in the latter was my only 70kg I'm embarrassed my father weighs 130kg 1m84 has always been very thick witch big bones at 14 weighed more than 80 kg abs with my mother is 1m74 wide and thin I've ever been very hard at school often told me that I was no whatsoever they laughed at me the opposite of my dad who annoy all world and nobody bothered I had very big shoes I walk on duck call me 48 I saw dennis rogers on TV and I discovered that I board a small potential by breaking big key with easily my thumb roll frying very fast first try never do That before after i look dennis rogers on youtube i tears a deck cards first try, bending a frying rock and metal deck tearing a big loots newspapers, tearing tennis ball first try, tearing a can. tear a thick towel. I discovered the isometry with respect to after-dennis rogers old time strongman research I want to become stronger than dennis rogers and Had a freak strengh.

Dude you seem all over the place.

Hubgeezer, Chez, Mr. Squeezus, and Sharkey have all said some good things here and you really haven't responded or posted anything about your current training, where your at now, what your strength background is...etc

If you want help then post some videos of your set and closing and maybe we can help, and post your workout routine so we can have some context of what your doing and where your at.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mgalovic said:

Another thing I found: if your elbows start to hurt, go for a run. I think it cleans them out. Call me crazy, but I see a difference.

Yeah that's crazy advice.

36 minutes ago, Jared Goguen said:
37 minutes ago, Jared Goguen said:

Yeah that's crazy advice.

Hear me out. My elbow ached from gripper training. I went for a run. The pain went away. I did more gripper training that day. The next day (today), I have an ache in my elbow again.

My thoughts are that the endorphin rush from the run is what made the pain go away. However, I feel there were other benefits to having ran. I think the cardio- respiratory exercise increased nutrient rich, oxygen rich blood flow throughout my entire body, including my elbow. That may have washed out some workout related by-product, such as lactic acid, that may have accumulated in that region, and nourished it with better blood flow. 

My soreness may likely have returned had I not did more gripper work that day, but I don't think as bad. Yes, I'm sure that there is some tendon strain there that will take more time to heal. I don't think one run will work a miracle, but I do think it helps.

Not to mention sweating out impurities, shaking up the organs, and the rhythm and breathing involved in it. Also, getting out in the fresh air and sun. It all contributes to overall health and well-being.

Don't get me wrong, it might not be for everyone. I weigh about 180 lbs now, and I still try to absorb a lot of impact with my calves by landing predominantly on the forefront of my foot, to keep the stress off my knees. Heavier people might be better off speed walking, swimming or cycling to save their joints.

What's more, I know it is an aerobic, opposed to an anaerobic exercise. So, it is not geared toward building the quick twitch, explosive muscle involved in strength training. You could probably do sets of short sprints instead to keep it anaerobic, and reduce conversion from quick twitch muscle to that which can endure longer, but isn't as explosive. 

Idk, just my thoughts. I've been reading The Mighty Atom, and found he did breathing exercises and training after getting up at 4am (lung time) every day. So far, it makes no mention of him running, but it mentions him wrestling a guy for an hour, so there may be other ways to build stamina. 

7 minutes ago, mgalovic said:

Not to mention sweating out impurities, shaking up the organs, and the rhythm and breathing involved in it.

Please tell me this is a joke.

I hope you don't really believe that you have some kind of impurity that you remove from your sweat glands and that you can "shake up the organs".

I think the way you hold your arms when running might have more to do with it. Maybe a shake weight would have a similar effect? Every serious strength athlete uses those right? :D kidding but it might actually work. Extensor bands and open/closes work for me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jared Goguen said:

Please tell me this is a joke.

I hope you don't really believe that you have some kind of impurity that you remove from your sweat glands and that you can "shake up the organs".

Quite frankly, I'm not exactly sure how it all works, but I do believe both of those things can be beneficial. Our body parts are connected, so they start a chain reaction. Even if toxins are not being released in the sweat directly, I believe it is somehow still aiding in the process of cleansing. For example, some people say that vitamin C does not fight a cold, but your immune system uses it up rapidly when fighting a cold. So, indirectly it is beneficial. 

I believe being sedentary causes blockages. Working grip alone doesn't require that much movement. Not to be funny, but I couldn't tell you how many times I'd void my bowels after a good run. Ok, it's a little funny, but that's removing toxins. It could probably help shake some small gall stones out of the gall bladder. It sort of massages and stimulates tissues and increases circulation. Blood vessels dilate, and the blood is enriched with oxygen. I believe that kind of cardio- respiratory exercise is good for our blood vessels, and thus our organs. It really gets the "juices" flowing. It's good for the heart too. 

Edited by mgalovic
  • Like 1