• anwnate

• Anthony C.

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 11/1/2016 at 10:53 PM, EJ Livesey said:

Yes I can do that. I'll post something up Saturday, my day off

Sorry fellas this is the best i can do right now 

http://az-grip.com/calibration.php

training is really involved and I don't have time for anything else. Doesn't look like I'll be able to attend this year. Turns out I'll be in Quantico training. 

• Like 1

Everyone please give EJ a huge Thank You.  He did us a great big favor furnishing all the Reverse Bending Stock for Gripmas - for free!!!  There are some wonderful people in this little sport of ours!

• Like 5

11 hours ago, climber511 said:

Everyone please give EJ a huge Thank You.  He did us a great big favor furnishing all the Reverse Bending Stock for Gripmas - for free!!!  There are some wonderful people in this little sport of ours!

Thanks a million E.J !!! thats HUGE.  so pumped for this, wish you could make it bro

Mr. @EJ Livesey  much thanks for your generous contribution to Gripmas.

We gotta get you there darn it!!!

• Like 1

Chris Rice
Nate Brous
Jedd Johnson
Jason Gonzalez
Chris Andrade
Anthony Clarino
Nick Rosendaul
Gil Goodman
Maria Bascetta
Andrew Pantke
Luke Raymond
Josh Henze

Austin Ferris (a young climber here in town)

If you paid and you're not on here please contact me ASAP!

21 minutes ago, climber511 said:

Chris Rice
Nate Brous
Jedd Johnson
Jason Gonzalez
Chris Andrade
Anthony Clarino
Nick Rosendaul
Gil Goodman
Maria Bascetta
Andrew Pantke
Luke Raymond
Josh Henze

Austin Ferris (a young climber here in town)

Rich Cottrell - sorry Rich

If you paid and you're not on here please contact me ASAP!

Thank you EJ! You're the man.

I see some names missing on that list. Come on guys!

November 17th.  The list of competitors is set.  Events are almost there (Medley).  Prizes are all made up (the ones from me).  EJ says the steel is on the way.  The Medley gets just a little sicker every day as I add or subtract from my list.  Right now there are 43 items under consideration to be included in the Medley - not sure yet how many will be in there when it's done - not 43 :)

A light (1 point) - heavy (2 point) - and in a few cases "even heavier" (3 point) item for Jedd and all the beasts - all the 3 point items are what I would consider World Class feats of grip strength.  A few "climbing" Grip type things and possibly a "whole body - not grip" item in there just to fool with you all a little and check you guys to see if you've been neglecting your overall training :). 

I'm going to need a few things I don't have and will want to borrow for the contest as usual.  I'll be contacting people very soon with a list of items I'd like you to bring.  Does anyone have a pair of 25K - 55# plates they can bring? 

I have talked to Andrew of FBBC and anyone who wants to do any of their "certs" can do so here - same with the Leader Board list from Gil at Barrel Strength.  Flask and his Tip Tester etc.  With the reverse bending the results can be used for David Horne's list IF you follow all his rules (look them up before you come).    Bring your own "wraps" and be sure they don't go over 1 1/8th inch for the reverse bending.  The event will be done in "flights" (whatever number gives us 3 flights).   This will give everyone a break in between bends and some time to wrap up your next bar.

Anyone who has some oddball chunk of steel or whatever that is a good challenge - please bring it along.  If you have something you want to sell or trade - bring it as well.  FBBC and Barrel Strength will both have stuff here to sell as will I. 

• Like 2

Steel has been sent!

• Like 3

Awesome!  We all send a big ole Thank You!

• Like 1

If anyone wants to do a FBBC Cert let me know and I'll bring the steel or implement. Free steel if you bend it in front of us at the contest. (except Brass that craps $$$:blink)

If your interested in purchasing any gear let me know. Bringing one of everything would fill the back of the truck quick. 

• Like 2

Got the steel from EJ - Wow!  lots of stuff to destroy .................. but you guys are going to have to help - some of it looks like I'd have to put pipes on the ends to bend it :).

• Like 2

Here's some items I made for prizes (and for sale) at Gripmas this year.  Most are different sizes of "Pinch Thingy's" - same as Wrist Thingy's but with a pinch block instead of a handle.  They can also be used as a regular Climber Pinch - hung as a pair for pinch pull ups, and easily set up for Plate curls.  Lever bars - loading pins - DB Handles - Hand and thigh Lift Handle - Wrist Thingy etc.  Nothing will be sold online until after the contest.

IMG_0409.JPG

IMG_0407.JPG

• Like 7

General information for anyone new.  There is parking only on one side of my street – we have permission to park in the Funeral home parking lot across the street from my house – please park along the side away from the funeral home.  If you are bringing items to be used (sold etc) in the competition come up the alley and we’ll open the big garage door so you don’t have to carry it far.

Everyone is welcome to stop down the night before to visit – check your weight – drop off heavy stuff etc.

8:00AM – weigh in begins – breakfast served – breakfast stops at 9:30

8:00 AM – Gym is open for warm ups and seeing all the event equipment – clean your hands before touching stuff J - bacon grease is slippery.  Hand wipes are on the workbench behind the climbing wall.  There are plenty of weights – bars etc if you want to do squats etc to warm up.

Weigh in runs until 9:30

9:30AM – rules meeting – questions – and information (you can still warm up during this time)

General info - Trash cans are the white 5 gallon buckets all around the gym – Port O Let is out by the alley – Water & Pop in the coolers outside the door – Coffee (regular (in the silver percolator) and half caf (for my A Fib) (in the clear pot) – cups in the house on the counter ).  Everyone Sign liability release form – a couple people still owe their entry money.

Euro event will start narrow first – each width will be completed before going to the next – all events will be rising bar except the reverse bending – that will be either up or down..  Bending stock will be enough for everyone – EJ sent a ton of stuff and Andrew (FBBC) is bring even more (Thanks Andrew!).  All stock is 6”.

10:00AM – Comp will start

Attendance is down this year – I have another event ready if things move along too quickly and people want more. 

We have steel up over 600# to bend for any of you double overhand guys after the contest is completed – or if you’re a super freaky reverse bender J.

Food will be ready around 3 PM – Awards either before or after as time works out.  After that is play time – I don’t care how long people stay – for me anyway this is the fun time – watching everyone do the things they are best at and challenging everyone to beat them.  Please plan on staying a while after the actual contest is over. 

• Like 3

Awesome.  

Getting pumped to "compete and meet" at the "Yol Bolsun Gym!"

Thanks for running this comp. again.  

I'm excited to try a number of "less contested" events. :) 

Leaving early tomorrow, looking forward to Saturday!

I won't be able to stay too long after the contest, as I have the 9 hour drive after.

• Like 1

Unbelievably...today, my wife and I were informed that a baby will be born in the next four weeks...and we will be given the opportunity to adopt.

We will be meeting the mother and family on...this Saturday.  After years waiting on this special list (via a Doctor), our time has come.

There are a number of factors that still need to be worked out...but things look very positive at the moment.

I had made up my mind to attend whether or not I could compete...but this was a situation I hadn't counted on.

To honor all those making the journey to Grip Mecca (Yol Bolsun Gym)...

I am going to donate a CPW Grip Sugar Skull T shirt (color of your choice) to the best trip report for this year's Gripmas Contest.

Good luck to all the competitors...and to you prospective writers...don't let Cottrell walk away with this one! ;)  

CANNON_BLACK-FRONT_1024x1024.png

• Like 9

Fantastic news, @anwnate

Some of you know this already, but I won't be making the trip this year. 

My back just plain isn't ready to do any lifting of this sort. 

Please, someone take video, and I wish you all the best in the competition.

Jedd

• Like 2

Wow... Sorry you guys can't make it. I always look forward to spending Time with everyone more so than the comp itself. You will be missed.

On a positive note I have a real shot at winning my weight class this year.(i will probably be the only one in my weight class)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JHenze646 said:

Wow... Sorry you guys can't make it. I always look forward to spending Time with everyone more so than the comp itself. You will be missed.

Back at yah man.  I was only half kidding earlier about my intention to stalk you during Gripmas.  You lucked out. ;)