DO Barehand 60d Bend (rounded tip)

anwnate

These have gotten a lot easier lately...thought I'd put one up.  (60d is a Griprite)

Yes...I have a bandaid on my left index finger...I had a fight with a angle grinder and the angle grinder won.  20160916_104139.jpg

20160916_103955.jpg

• Like 14

Damn dude! You demolished that thing. I didn't realize it was going to be so quick. Very impressive and something I need to try.

• Like 2

How long have you been going at bare handed like that?

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Jared Goguen said:

How long have you been going at bare handed like that?

Short answer...about 4 months.  Long answer...

I started back on the Gold effort right after SJ3...with an extreme focus on hand conditioning.  That has led me to a lot of min wrap and barehand bends.

Going in an out of the hospital hasn't helped my top end (stuck at the Q in IMPs)...but I've had the energy to keep working the hands no matter what.  Been smacking a glob, hitting my hand on a Gold nail and using a mallet on my knuckles.  Time will tell if this helps or hurts in the long term.

I consider full IMP's 144 (square inches).  I cut a crapload of cordura down to various numbers.  Basically, I have been working my way down in wraps...kind of like I did with the Red Nail.  So far...it's working.

wraps.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, anwnate said:

I started back on the Gold effort right after SJ3...with an extreme focus on hand conditioning.  That has led me to a lot of min wrap and barehand bends.

Going in an out of the hospital hasn't helped my top end (stuck at the Q in IMPs)...but I've had the energy to keep working the hands no matter what.  Been smacking a glob, hitting my hand on a Gold nail and using a mallet on my knuckles.  Time will tell if this helps or hurts in the long term.

I consider full IMP's 144 (square inches).  I cut a crapload of cordura down to various numbers.  Basically, I have been working my way down in wraps...kind of like I did with the Red Nail.  So far...it's working.

wraps.jpg

Amazing.  This is a fantastic approach.  Methodical and relentless.  

• Like 2

Good to see a vid of you bending dude. Keep attacking it

• Like 1

2 hours ago, odin said:

I admire your approach, relentlessness and results! Awesome and inspirational work Nate!

42 minutes ago, Mike Sharkey said:

Amazing.  This is a fantastic approach.  Methodical and relentless.  

Thanks Bob, Mike.  I like relentless a heck of alot better than "stupid stubborn." :)

26 minutes ago, Chez said:

Good to see a vid of you bending dude. Keep attacking it

Will do Mr. Chezmonster! 

BTW... Anton's gonna annhilate his Red Cert tomorrow at Tom's.  He learned to bend within feet of your #3.5 close in the old Brooklyn dungeon gym.

• Like 3

Crazy tough bend Nate!!   Tough hands you've got there sir!!  

• Like 1

You should get in touch with Ivan and buy some iron grip bars I think there's a cert for the barehand bend with a 90 or 95 kg bar. I'll bet you could do it.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Durrs said:

You should get in touch with Ivan and buy some iron grip bars I think there's a cert for the barehand bend with a 90 or 95 kg bar. I'll bet you could do it.

Actually...I ordered a number of them quite a while ago. Except for shipping a few to a friend recently...they've sat untouched. I'm like 90% sure I bought some lighter end steel.  I'll read up on the cert rules and make an attempt next week. Thanks for the memory jog.  I'm looking forward to the challenge.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Durrs said:

*It's 90kg for the cert 

My lowest IG bars....

3x100kg,

5x120kg,

5x130kg.

I'll give the hundred a shot.  Im really curious how the numbers compare.  I've heard that a 150kg IG is like a red.  If that's true, I'm not confident about my upcoming attempt.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, anwnate said:

I've heard that a 150kg IG is like a red.

I believe it is. The top of the IG barehanded leaderboards is a 125kg bar and the video i just watched was a double underhanded technique so if you burn down a Red yeah that would be insane! I think your DO style is very advantageous so with that I think you will do it.

7 hours ago, Durrs said:

I believe it is. The top of the IG barehanded leaderboards is a 125kg bar and the video i just watched was a double underhanded technique so if you burn down a Red yeah that would be insane! I think your DO style is very advantageous so with that I think you will do it.

A DO bare Red prob won't happen for longer than I'd like.  The leverage gained from even a 4x4 piece of cordura is enormous. 

4 hours ago, Mike Sharkey said:

I'd also like to see you try a 7" grade 5 

Will do Shark.

• Like 1

Sick bend!!!  

• Like 1

Sheesh I split my hands every other time I bend, this bend is certainly man sh**.  Can't wait to see more.

• Like 1

On 16/09/2016 at 11:57 PM, anwnate said:

wraps.jpg

This type of methodical approach is what creates champions! Very inspiring and impressive, I love it!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

WTF!

• Like 1

Totally missed this thread when it was first posted. Nerves of steel.

Or, should I say, no nerves whatsoever LOL