7x5/16 Ironmind Red Nail (unbrace bend)

Danny Young

So you've completely ignored what I had say. Yes it is a no for me. My first time moving a red nail in doubles was extremely painful. And disliking my videos on my YouTube doesn't change the facts.

30 minutes ago, Danny Young said:

My first time moving a red nail in doubles was extremely painful.

You should probably take up a different discipline.  Might I suggest knitting?  

• Like 3

So I wanted to test this triple wrap business out myself, and as some one who is not a strong bender (I've dabbled with the little stuff some), someone who hasn't done bending in a few years aside from like a 60D here and there, also Mr. Sharkey who I know in real life can attest to my smallness, and lack of bending skills. I was able to bend a red nail in triples wraps.

There's nothing wrong with stepping back some, return to single wraps, work on the base level skill some with some easy bars.

Even the biggest and strongest benchers and squatters in the world warm up with just the bar and work on the skills of the craft.

red.jpg

• Like 8

Longevity and capability of biologic systems (in this case you) are attained by adding progressive resistance and other adaptive factors, not by avoids those factors.  Your problem is you don't understand the factors themselves that are necessary for the task you are trying to accomplish and the progression that will help you attain it.

Not really sure why you are posting here if you are not looking for help, but I can tell you, both EJ and myself have had this exact discussion with numerous benders.  Those that listened progressed, those that refused saying "I know what I am doing", well, their bending went nowhere.  Trust me, I was in the same boat jumping around in wraps, until one day I got frustrated enough to take the advice.  My Red cert happened a cool 6 months later.   I know it feels good to bend big steel, but you are really only cheating yourself.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Mike Sharkey said:

Longevity and capability of biologic systems (in this case you) are attained by adding progressive resistance and other adaptive factors, not by avoids those factors.  Your problem is you don't understand the factors themselves that are necessary for the task you are trying to accomplish and the progression that will help you attain it.

Not really sure why you are posting here if you are not looking for help, but I can tell you, both EJ and myself have had this exact discussion with numerous benders.  Those that listened progressed, those that refused saying "I know what I am doing", well, their bending went nowhere.  Trust me, I was in the same boat jumping around in wraps, until one day I got frustrated enough to take the advice.  My Red cert happened a cool 6 months later.   I know it feels good to bend big steel, but you are really only cheating yourself.

BOOM!! I concur 110%

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Jared Goguen said:

So I wanted to test this triple wrap business out myself, and as some one who is not a strong bender (I've dabbled with the little stuff some), someone who hasn't done bending in a few years aside from like a 60D here and there, also Mr. Sharkey who I know in real life can attest to my smallness, and lack of bending skills. I was able to bend a red nail in triples wraps.

There's nothing wrong with stepping back some, return to single wraps, work on the base level skill some with some easy bars.

Even the biggest and strongest benchers and squatters in the world warm up with just the bar and work on the skills of the craft.

red.jpg

Honestly I don't even know how you get that big a wrap into position.  

7 minutes ago, Mike Sharkey said:

Honestly I don't even know how you get that big a wrap into position.  

It does feel like your almost holding a soda can.

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, Danny Young said:

The whole point is longtivity moron. 

When calling someone a moron, double check your spelling.... moron.

Those red nails varie from 308 to 540lbs to get them at 30 degrees which is referred to as a kink. 60D nails various way too much. But if you can bend grade 5s you're ready for a red nail. 

This has been fun.  Thanks for the bending lesson.  Let's do it again soon, maybe next week when you bend your first Edgin.

2 minutes ago, Danny Young said:

Your whole goddamn argument is "I've been doing it longer" BS. Even in singles or double wraps you are still using the same amount leverage.

Everything you say is wrong. From the wraps to the red nail weight. Just stop. We know what we are talking about. We didn't start bending 8 weeks ago like you. We have been there, and done it at least twice. You are uneducated and not even a rookie in the bending world. 

Or

you are a troll. Either way stop. You are nothing but wrong on all accounts. 

• Like 4

Yeah 8 weeks in unbrace bending. Grip training overall since 2009. Leverage has to do with your F@UCKING HAND PLACEMENT. 2014 batch of red nails where rated 435lbs and another one was rated at 540lbs.

17 minutes ago, Jose Cabrera said:

Lmao, this is unreal

Bro! Did you know that when you bend a piece of steel to 30 degrees its called the "kink".  Not sure what comes after that, let's ask Danny :D

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Danny Young said:

Yeah 8 weeks in unbrace bending. Grip training overall since 2009. Leverage has to do with your F@UCKING HAND PLACEMENT. 2014 batch of red nails where rated 435lbs and another one was rated at 540lbs.

Don't think so bro.  540 is way out of range.  

Guy's this feller has obviously got it all figured out and doesn't need any help. Lets just leave him to it.

- Aaron

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Danny Young said:

Those red nails varie from 308 to 540lbs to get them at 30 degrees which is referred to as a kink. 60D nails various way too much. But if you can bend grade 5s you're ready for a red nail. 

custom_1256950366573_banhammer15gq9.jpg

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, acorn said:

Guy's this feller has obviously got it all figured out and doesn't need any help. Lets just leave him to it.

- Aaron

Awwwww I'm having fun.  This is fun.  

Wow... that escalated quickly.  

This guy can't be serious?   Trolling maybe?  

Mods will show him the door soon enough!   

Just now, robertmiller67 said:

Wow... that escalated quickly.  

This guy can't be serious?   Trolling maybe?  

Mods will show him the door soon enough!   

I wish he posted this in the correct spot, bending section. I would've closed it and pushed for a time-out by now. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, EJ Livesey said:

I wish he posted this in the correct spot, bending section. I would've closed it and pushed for a time-out by now. 

Moved it to the right location of the board.