7x5/16 Ironmind Red Nail (unbrace bend)

Danny Young

You are going to seriously hurt yourself bending like that. 

Take a step back and read all the pinned threads in the bending section. 

• Like 1

The strength is clearly there but the technique isn’t.

I'm not sure if EJ will agree with me here but I found this video to be helpful.

• Like 3

If you don't want to listen to the experienced benders, then I'm not sure why you're posting.

• Like 4

45 minutes ago, Danny Young said:

That technique is useless for there's no power at all. This how bent my first F911 bolt just a few days ago.

It's useless because you don't know what you're doing, and seems you don't want help. So.... I'm out. Good luck. FWIW I use this technique to bend some of the hardest steel in the world. And you say there's no power? 

• Like 2

it's personal preference. What works for you may not work for others. I already had knowledge of the mechanics behind the double overhand style demonstrated in the video. I can't load any tension in my wrist in that position including a lack of some flexibility although I did managed to get into position described in the video when I went for the F911 bolt  but still had no power whatsoever. For some odd reason all of my strength is created while my hands are vertical not parallel.

Maybe you meant "useless for me" but left out the "me" and that makes a big difference in what you're saying.

Still, you can figure out how to get there if you work at it. That technique is well established for a reason.

41 minutes ago, Danny Young said:

I only use what works me. 

Yea but does it work?  You have to use triple wraps and the bends aren't completed. I'd say it doesn't work. If it was me, I'd use only ironmind pads and do lots of volume work. 

Trust  me when I say this, what you are doing, will get you injured. And I'd venture to say it will happen soon. 

• Like 2

I use triple wraps simply to reduce the pain. Nothing more. These are completed bends by my terms because I only work on wrist strength not crushing strengths hence why I keep it at 30 to 90 degrees. I'm focusing on increase my wrist strength also using wrist levering movements. Actions speak louder than words. 

WTF are triple wraps lol.  

Seriously, my baby sister can bend a Red Nail if I put metal pipes on the ends of the bar.  

EJ is one of the most powerful and experienced benders in the world and his advice specifically allowed me to put my name on the Red Nail Roster.  Listen if you want, but we've been down this road ourselves and coached others to success as well.  

• Like 4

Do any reverse bending? That's a better test of wrist strength.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Danny Young said:

Actions speak louder than words. 

What do you mean by this?

Edited by EJ Livesey

Well if I have to explain it to you then we shouldn't be having this conversation to begin with. Mike those bars you're referring to are known as cheaters but I highly doubt she'd be able bend a red nail with them.

I can tell you're going to be well liked around here. Good luck with all that passive aggressive BS. I have nothing to prove to you, Google my name. My bends speak for themselves. 

Edited by EJ Livesey
  • Like 4

What passive aggressive BS are you referring to? I never asked you to prove yourself. My rapid progress and heavy bends speak for themselves as well. I've know who you are years now. Lol

Edited by Danny Young

Heavy bends???  Hahahaha.  A Red in triple wraps is anything BUT a heavy bend.  Bro you are in the room with some of the strongest benders on the planet.  Color us all not impressed.  When you want to stop stroking your own ego and actually get strong, let us know.  

• Like 2

Using extra padding has nothing to do with a lack of strength. If I really wanted to stroke my own Ego I'd do it in singles or doubles but I don't because it's stupid.

Edited by Danny Young

3 minutes ago, Danny Young said:

Using extra padding has nothing to do with a lack of strength. If I really wanting to stroke my own Ego I'd do it in singles or doubles but I don't because it's (bad word filter)ing stupid.

Uh, bro, that's exactly why you use extra padding. Because you aren't strong enough. This adds leverage, it's simple physics.

I will PayPal you $50 right now to fully bend a red nail in single ironmind pads, with proper documentation. This way you can stroke your ego AND make some cash. 

• Like 5

I fully understand the physics behind it but like I stated many times before that's not my reasoning for using additional padding. It's to reduce the pain and high chance of developing nerve damage.

So........... That's a no to my previous offer. 

Edited by EJ Livesey
  • Like 3

27 minutes ago, EJ Livesey said:

I will PayPal you $50 right now to fully bend a red nail in single ironmind pads, with proper documentation. This way you can stroke your ego AND make some cash. 

I'll kick in $50 bucks to see this.  

• Like 5