Robert Miller King of All Bastards

Andrew P

17 hours ago, David_wigren said:

Awesome! My wrists and shoulders hurt just thinking about the KOAB!

Thanks David!  I wouldn't be surprised to see your name on that list one day... PFP you are a beast sir!! 

20 minutes ago, robertmiller67 said:

Its on my YouTube channel Mike!  Check it out my friend.  I think I bent it in around 3-4 minute range.. beat the 5 minute limit anyways!  

Are you still 21Robertmiller?  I see the Duke on there but not the King! I wanna see it :rock This is not something you see every day :bow

Edited by Mike Sharkey
  • Like 1

Hey Mike,  check it out now man... I had the video unlisted still until it got approved. 

Its public now.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, robertmiller67 said:

Hey Mike,  check it out now man... I had the video unlisted still until it got approved. 

Its public now.  

I'll check it out.  Actually I have taken up bending again.  I want to cert the Square.  KOAB is probably out of my range though lol

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, robertmiller67 said:

Its on my YouTube channel Mike!  Check it out my friend.  I think I bent it in around 3-4 minute range.. beat the 5 minute limit anyways!  

Got a link perhaps?

• Like 1

Nice!

did you leave those outside?  You should take better care of the steel, lol. Put that on your trophy wall and get rust everywhere. 

• Like 1

Robert. Can u post the bend on this thread. I really want to watch it but I have never been to your youtube

• Like 1

Here's the vid from my YouTube account guys... my wifey Had to help me.  Old skool guy... technology not my thing!  😡

• Like 1

13 hours ago, EJ Livesey said:

Nice!

did you leave those outside?  You should take better care of the steel, lol. Put that on your trophy wall and get rust everywhere. 

Lol... thanks EJ.  Thanks for your tips regarding filming & documentation of the bend.. they really helped sir!    Blame Delmar for the rust... its was his steel he sent me!  😆

JK Delmar... your a stand-up guy sir!  One of the best!  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Mike Sharkey said:

Dude that was awesome!  You kinked that bar like butter.  Crazzzy strong steel to be bending.  KOASB next?

Thanks Mike... you and Nathaniel got me started on this bending journey & I'm eternally grateful sir!  

Btw, the kink was always my strength maybe due to my hammer strength... had a WR in the #12 sledgehammer coin lift until that Lucas guy came along!  😡😉

The Stainless maybe outta my reach at my age but we'll see!   Might try the Big King... but the crush on that thing has gotta be insane!!  😲

Edited by robertmiller67
  • Like 2

The steel you cert-ed on was the last of the batch the I got from Jerry when I purchased FBBC. I herd a rumor that that batch of 3/8" rod was stupid hard so I let it sit in the corner of the shop for the better part of a year in a half. When Delmar ordered some Kings I sent him fresh stock and cut up that old stock for him as well to get it out. I left the old stuff rusty so it could be told apart easy. Needless to say that bar's been around for awhile. 

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Andrew P said:

The steel you cert-ed on was the last of the batch the I got from Jerry when I purchased FBBC. I herd a rumor that that batch of 3/8" rod was stupid hard so I let it sit in the corner of the shop for the better part of a year in a half. When Delmar ordered some Kings I sent him fresh stock and cut up that old stock for him as well to get it out. I left the old stuff rusty so it could be told apart easy. Needless to say that bar's been around for awhile. 

Thanks for the info Andrew... it was tough steel for sure sir!  

Again, the kink wasn't so bad for me but the final crush was beast!  It felt like it locked up on me when I got close to the 2" mark... hence I went back and hit it a few more times toward the end of the vid just to make sure I was under 2"!!  

Edited by robertmiller67
  • Like 1

On 9/9/2016 at 9:25 PM, robertmiller67 said:

Didn't really have any wrist problems along the way but injured my left elbow pretty bad at one point..  also had a minor pec strain/ tear as well.   That took a while to recover from... jeez!  

Just rest & ice for inflammation man... thats all you can do really.  

I only do a real max bend 1x per month on average.. seems to work for me & usually keeps the injuries to a minimum. 

Thanks for the advice.

• Like 1

Welcome mgalovic!   Bending ain't easy sir!  

Thanks for the love guys... this bend meant a lot to me due to the injuries I had to overcome & my advanced age!  😉

3 hours ago, odin said:

Great accomplishment Robert! Very few have ever reached the level you're at.

Thank you Bob for the kind words... means a lot coming from you sir!   Hope your training going well my friend?  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, robertmiller67 said:

Thank you Bob for the kind words... means a lot coming from you sir!   Hope your training going well my friend?  

You're welcome Robert. Training around a left wrist and right shoulder (rotator cuff) injury, but getting PRs here and there my friend. Hope to see you specialize for a week or two one of these years after the Gold is finished off and lift the INCH!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, odin said:

48 minutes ago, odin said:

You're welcome Robert. Training around a left wrist and right shoulder (rotator cuff) injury, but getting PRs here and there my friend. Hope to see you specialize for a week or two one of these years after the Gold is finished off and lift the INCH!

Ha!  I was thinking the same thing sir... lol!  

One of these days I'm gonna lift that DB before I die... on my bucket list!  Cursed with short-thick hands or not! 😠 

Still got some bending goals on my radar 1st like you said.. then I wanna specialize & get it maybe one day!  James & I where real close one time.. we were actually closer thumbless I think!  

Sorry to hear about the injuries my friend... But I know you'll overcome & come back stronger than ever sir..Cheers!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Wow well done! I hope to see you on the KOASB one day :rock How fast you can bend a red?

• Like 1

Thanks Alawadhi!  

Shiny King would be a real insane bend for sure bud!

I'd like to try the BKOAB 1st... then maybe the shiny.

I certed the Red in around 12-sec back in 2013... not sure what I can do them in now? 

I think JT had the fastest Red bend I've seen... around 5- sec I believe!!  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Forever said:

congrats!

Thanks bud!  Hope your training going well sir! 

Yes sir...good to see a long term goal of yours knocked down.  Once I get a hang on things,  I wouldn't mind taking a stab at bending!   

Keep knocking those doors down on your goals  :rock

• Like 1

On 9/29/2016 at 5:15 AM, robertmiller67 said:

Thanks Alawadhi!  

Shiny King would be a real insane bend for sure bud!

I'd like to try the BKOAB 1st... then maybe the shiny.

I certed the Red in around 12-sec back in 2013... not sure what I can do them in now? 

I think JT had the fastest Red bend I've seen... around 5- sec I believe!!  

Nice that's fast. Now much faster for sure.

Maybe 4 secs not 5. I remember David Wiggy also did a 4 sec bend for a tie.

• Like 1