Red Nail Cert Warmup Question

GrassMaine89

I have requested a red nail Cert attempt again.  The last one fell through because my schedule and the referee's didn't match, and then hat internship started.  I'm wondering what others did to warmup when they did their attempts?  I know my other attempt wasn't going to be in a gym so I couldn't do squats like I do now.  Anybody have any tricks to fire the CNS up or was everyone's adrenaline so high it didn't matter?

Mine was done outside during a strongman competiton. I did 3 warm up bends just immediately before the red nail. From memory the bends were something like a yellow nail, blue nail and a piece of 7mm stainless. Adrenalin was through the roof on the day also. 

• Like 1

Ok that's kind of what I was thinking about doing, thought maybe a few easy meds and the adrenaline would be sufficient.

I think I bent 2 Yellows and a 1/4 x 6" Grade 5 before my cert.  Not 100% sure, but it wasn't much.  I was so amped up, I don't think it would have mattered.  The key will be managing the nerves and staying tight.

• Like 2

I think I bent a horseshoe then a red. After that I was ready to cert. 

Youll be fine. Don't stress it

• Like 1

Same answer as post people here.  I had a 7" grade 5 bolt wrapped in separate IMP's just so I could feel my technique.  Did some squats, that's about it.  My advice is to just keep everything slow in your mind.  Trust me, it will be easy.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, EJ Livesey said:

I think I bent a horseshoe then a red. After that I was ready to cert. 

Youll be fine. Don't stress it

Haha I tend to over analyze, thanks man.

2 hours ago, Mike Sharkey said:

Same answer as post people here.  I had a 7" grade 5 bolt wrapped in separate IMP's just so I could feel my technique.  Did some squats, that's about it.  My advice is to just keep everything slow in your mind.  Trust me, it will be easy.  

Thanks man, I've wanted this for a long time so staying focused and concentrating will be important.  Thanks.  

1 hour ago, Tom Scibelli said:

I think I bent a 60d, a grade 5, then a 70d, then the cert.

Thanks man

Edited by GrassMaine89

I did some dislocations with a rubber band, some light hammer leverings, bend three 6mm and one 7mm bar. 

It was the typical warm up in my preperation. Adrenaline was not that high as aspected. If you done it several times before it's nothing special on the cert day ;)

• Like 1

I think I just kinked a Red.  That was the only part I was concerned about.  Didn't want to hit it on the cert and be unprepared for the resistance. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, anwnate said:

I think I just kinked a Red.  That was the only part I was concerned about.  Didn't want to hit it on the cert and be unprepared for the resistance. 

That's actually brilliant.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Anthony C. said:

That's actually brilliant.

Agreed 

• Like 1

Good question man. 

I think I did some jumping jacks, KB swings, and few Push-ups.  Then bent a piece of HR 5/16" x7 & was ready to roll!  

A good general warm-up is the way to go imo.. your form should be dailed in already anyways & you'll do fine. 

Good luck bud!  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, robertmiller67 said:

Good question man. 

I think I did some jumping jacks, KB swings, and few Push-ups.  Then bent a piece of HR 5/16" x7 & was ready to roll!  

A good general warm-up is the way to go imo.. your form should be dailed in already anyways & you'll do fine. 

Good luck bud!  

I actually used 5/16 x 7 HRS today as a warmup and it seemed like a good strength.  I'll add some general body weight movements to my next workout and see how it goes.  

Thanks man, they are in the process of lining up a judge, I'm ready to roll.

• Like 1

On 9/4/2016 at 7:55 AM, anwnate said:

I very much enjoyed your cert.  It was the first time I had seen a Red bent in person.  I really want to share with people how long it took you to take that first hit :D.  I don't know that it can be put into words ;)

• Like 1