Wrists in bending

JoshW

So a while back i was bending and fractured a small bone in my wrist which put me out for a while, the other day when i bent a bastard in bb wraps i felt something go slightly when bending that. Atleast i think it was that. But woken up today and i cant even move it now without an incredibly sharp pain, so now the other wrist is now possibly broken/small bone fractures. I realise it will come back stronger but does anyone have any advice with bending related injuries like this on how to recover quickly from it?

thanks guys.

Yes. 

See a doctor. Listen to him/her. You will recover quicker that way than listening to Internet doctors/webmd. 

• Like 5

1) see Doc.

2) This worked for me but again check with your doc. Hot cold contrast baths. Ice in a bucket and water about as hot as you can stand go back and forth and flush blood into the region. 

• Like 1

Thankyou both of you. I will see the doc again and tell him I've done the other wrist now LOL. What is he going to think. Contrast baths is a good shout though, that may help for sure!

I was hoping someone who's had a similar experience with this injury from bending could tell me what they did to help, not looking for an online doctor just someone to share ideas from a similar bending related injury :)

Sucks man. What exactly happened, and how? Looking back, any warning signs?

The first thing I thought about when I read this was to "stay healthy."  You are a young guy, and will recover quickly, but being young too, a lot of the things that happen to you now (i.e. injuries/tears) will come back with a force when you hit 40.  In the past few years, I have had more issues than the previous 10-15.  And a lot of these things popping up were things I did in one-way-or-another when I was in my early/mid 20s.

I love bending as much now as I did 8 years ago, when I was fumbling around with the Green Nail.  But, I've had to make some adjustments in hand placement, technique and volume, due to problems with my elbow, forearm and shoulder, at different points.  Making these adjustments, I believe, prevented anything serious from happening, and let me continue to train.  Since Day 1, I've been looking at longevity, and ways to prolong this great hobby of ours, in a way that would let me continue to make decent bends, even after 10+ years of weekly sessions. 

I believe in absolutely going all-out, but at the same time, taking care of yourself, and listening to your body.  There have been some sessions too, of late, where I just had to back-off, as I knew something didn't feel right, and continuing would have caused a major problem.  Every time, though, I come back the next time and kill it.  

• Like 5

So this is the second time it's happened?  Like Carl said tweak the technique. I didn't start having wrist issues until I made it into the really hard stuff; KOAB big g8 etc etc. it wasn't my technique it was too much force and strain. As soon as things started feeling too weird I'd back off. People ask me why I bend so slow, well it's easier for me to exert only he needed amount of force AND it allows me to really feel things. Wether it's the steel, skin pain or bone/tendon pain. 

• Like 3