RB 365 and RB400

Roger Roberson

Hey guys I'm kinda of new when it comes to knowing the types of grippers . I started out with the Heavy grips that's  all I knew for along time. Wanted to ask though on the RB 365 and RB 400 cannon may know the best answer  but I saw the data from cannon works and seen the 365 is actually harder then the 400 is this intent or just sometimes the 365 is harder then the 400. 

Yeah I know I was just curious will buy the RB365 next month hopefully. they have forsale in Europe . 

7 hours ago, Roger Roberson said:

Hey guys I'm kinda of new when it comes to knowing the types of grippers . I started out with the Heavy grips that's  all I knew for along time. Wanted to ask though on the RB 365 and RB 400 cannon may know the best answer  but I saw the data from cannon works and seen the 365 is actually harder then the 400 is this intent or just sometimes the 365 is harder then the 400. 

I saw that also, I bought my RB 400 from Cannon and a goal of mine is to TNS this thing as I can close it about half way.

1472094001849-1847287009.jpg

14720940358571043756597.jpg

Edited by Yan_Wei

1 minute ago, Yan_Wei said:

I saw that also, I bought my RB 400 from Cannon and a goal of mine is to TNS this thing as I can close it about half way.

If you ever are able to TNS a RB 400 make sure to get video and have witnesses present because it will be the most impressive gripper close in history and you will be become a legend and stories will be written about you. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Chez said:

If you ever are able to TNS a RB 400 make sure to get video and have witnesses present because it will be the most impressive gripper close in history and you will be become a legend and stories will be written about you. 

Yeah, I saw the attention Sl-Ghi Choi's CoC 4 TNS attempt got on YouTube (almost 3k views). What keeps my motivation is my adjustable gripper (Vatiz), this RB400 & my GHP 10 which is a life goal, wonder how long it could take me at 19 to close that. I can almost close a GHP7 rated at 154 lbs with about 15 milimeters left on my last TNS attempt before I sold it. I did so because I have an I.M 2.5 that more or less was the same strength as the GHP7 (which is bizarre considering ratings are on average about 125). I'm going to see if Cannon or someone can rate my gripper because I still can't close it after about 4 months (never tried parallel/mms, I usually just go for TNS or forced negatives).

19 minutes ago, Yan_Wei said:

Yeah, I saw the attention Sl-Ghi Choi's CoC 4 TNS attempt got on YouTube (almost 3k views). What keeps my motivation is my adjustable gripper (Vatiz), this RB400 & my GHP 10 which is a life goal, wonder how long it could take me at 19 to close that. I can almost close a GHP7 rated at 154 lbs with about 15 milimeters left on my last TNS attempt before I sold it. I did so because I have an I.M 2.5 that more or less was the same strength as the GHP7 (which is bizarre considering ratings are on average about 125). I'm going to see if Cannon or someone can rate my gripper because I still can't close it after about 4 months (never tried parallel/mms, I usually just go for TNS or forced negatives).

ya, that dude is a freak of nature in a good way. The only advice I can give as someone who has closed a #4 and other big grippers on top of a double #3 no set and #3.5 CCS closes is set small goals that you can bang out couple months at a time and don't rush achieving them to avoid injuries. This keeps you motivated and healthy. No one has closed the GHP 10 and only strongest gripper guys are capable of closing it choked real deep like Vano. Not saying it can't be done but its a common thing for people to state really huge gripper goals on this board not long after joining and either lose interest because the goal is so huge and takes crazy long if possible or get injured shooting for it because they wanted it quickly.  

The forced negatives are particularly dangerous. That is how Gabriel Sum got hurt and he is  gripper legend

Edited by Chez
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Chez said:

ya, that dude is a freak of nature in a good way. The only advice I can give as someone who has closed a #4 and other big grippers on top of a double #3 no set and #3.5 CCS closes is set small goals and don't rush achieving them to avoid injuries. This keeps you motivated and healthy. No one has closed the GHP 10 and only strongest gripper guys are capable of closing choked real deep like Vano. Not saying it can't be done but its a common thing for people to state really huge gripper goals on this board not long after joining and either lose interest because the goal is so huge and takes crazy long if possible or get injured shooting for it because they wanted it quickly.  

Yep, I got injured twice during these 6 months I've been training in heavy grippers. First time was like in March of this year when I was repping and doing forced negatives on an HG 200 (I hadn't build enough stamina/strength to handle it then, both hands & wrists needed about 1 week and a half of rest), then the second time was about 2 months or so ago (right hand & wrist) trying to get a good squeeze on my RB400 and my XFitness 350 (it's kind of popular on Amazon, this thing I guestimate to be somewhere in the 200s rgc-wise since it feels very similar to the RB400). Then I was doing grippers at least 3x a week, but now I'm trying to do less and change my routine to see if I can get better results.

copyImage.bmp

copyImage(1).bmp

Edited by Yan_Wei

ya, I remember training multiple times a weak in the beginning. Hell, my tendons would get so tight and sore.  The longer I train and stronger I get the more time I have between gripper sessions. I currently train each hand on grippers once every 2 weeks but I think once a week for you and at most twice sometimes will work well. As you move up you may need more recovery time. 

• Like 2