Source for a solid incline-flat adjustable bench. New.

bender

I'm looking for an adjustable bench that fits inside of my squat rack.  Adjusts from flat to at least 45*.  Sturdy enough for a 250lb male to press 400 (in my dreams).  Tuff enough to be a once-in-a-life-time purchase.  Doesn't wobble.  Durable surface.  Doesn't have gimmicks.  No wheels, no hydraulics.  Just one moving part would be nice. Should be able to be carried up two flights of stairs by one man.  $1K after shipping is mandatory.  Preferably $700. 

I've looked at a few catalogs and many of the go-to places seem to have both over-priced and needlessly complicated benches.  I want something simple and bomb-proof.  

I fell hopelessly in love with 1-arm incline dumbbell presses.  I am also near my limit for fighting off the college kids at the local gym; realizing I need an incline bench in my home gym.  I tried lifting at 5:15am off of many people's advice, all whom I trust and respect, and by-god mornings are not for me.  

Any advice you could send my way would be much appreciated.  

bender, DPT

Rogue make a good adjustable bench, it's expensive though. Rep fitness has good one with a great price.

46 minutes ago, Tom Scibelli said:

Rogue make a good adjustable bench, it's expensive though. Rep fitness has good one with a great price.

Do you have any experience with the Rep Fitness bench?

$306 after shipping seems too good to be true. 

Welcome back Eric!

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

I got the Rep Fitness bench.  I wanted to wait a bit before I wrote a review. 

Review:  Absolutely love it.  It's strong and solid and the price does not reflect what a nice bench it is.  I've been doing mostly incline presses and I've never had any instability like some of our benches at the gym or college, and it's cheaper.  For the price, it may be the best out there.  Can't recommend it enough. 

I treat things well, and wear a hoodie while I bench, and it still looks new today.  I can't imagine the covering to split or wear with the use I'm giving it.  It seems like a long-term bench that's not going to need to be replaced. 

If I had to complain: needlessly complicated mechanics at the seat, and it comes with those ankle-brace type pads.  The mechanics / leverage seems fine, just more places to fail, though I haven't had an issue.  And my legs are nowhere near the shin/ankle pads, so it doesn't effect how I lift.  

For $300, I'm very happy.

Thanks for the heads-up, Tom.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Those elitefts benches look perfect, though with $185 shipping, they're over double the cost of the rep fitness bench.   They seem to have less adjustability too. 

• Like 1