Possible AZ 2016 Griptoberfest comp

acorn

Thinking about doing another October Griptoberfest comp. Possibly mid October though I still need to clear with wife and verify dates eligibility.

Would be a simple event without trophies or shirts same as last year. But still an opportunity to get together and compete though. I'm interested in feedback from those who would be interested in coming and also feedback on the possible events.

Possible events:

Grippers (20mm block set)

2HP - Euro pinch, or 2" Saxon Bar, or Flask either 1H or 2H

DB DL (Inch style handle and plate loaded) - Same as AZCG earlier this year. Or 2" Crusher.

FBBC Anvil

3.5" or 4" Climber Pinch

Also, I'd be willing to put together a pair of revolving handle farmers for a max weight farmers pick for thickbar event if that was preferred. Probably something between 1 3/4 and 2.5" for the revolving handles.

Thanks,

Aaron

Edited by acorn
  • Like 7

• 2 weeks later...

I'm up for it, though I will need it to be on a weekend when I don't have the kids.  

I don't have a preference on events, as I'm not expecting to PR anything.  This is one that I'll be just happy to show-up to it, and put numbers on the board.

I'm thinking people we should ping would include:

Frank Becker

Brandon Hall

Durry Becker - are you interested?

Brian Gay  - he stopped by in the Spring for a training session.  

Any other Tucsonites?

I was going to ask my tenant if he would be interested, but given he is a mechanic and already has some nerve issues, I don't want to risk his livelihood.  

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

So not sensing a lot of interest here. However, have decided to put this one on and cleared it with the wife as of last night finally. Venue is not set yet so may be at my house or one of the Gyms in town. Going to be a fun little comp and, No entry fee, no trophies, no prizes unless there are sponsors, and no shirts unless someone else wants to design and make some. All the events should be very newbie friendly and I am happy to run an Open class and Novice class for the Men as well as Women's Division. Weigh-in's will occur and results will be added to Gripsport top 100 list and weight class lists pending sanctioning. Expect a fun friendly atmosphere and lots of PR's falling.

Griptoberfest 2016

Date: October 15th, 2016

Events:

2" Saxon bar Pinch DL - 4 attempts, rising bar

1 hand pinch on BSS Flask - 4 attempts - rising bar

2" FBBC Crusher DL - 4 attempts - rising bar

FBBC Anvil DL - 4 attempts - rising bar. ( Overhand grip only )

If you have any questions or comments please let me know. If you are planning on attending, please let me know for planning purposes and I will get a registration form together shortly. You can do that here in the thread, via messenger, or email at aaron@corcorrantrainingsystems.com

- Aaron

Edited by acorn
  • Like 6

• 5 weeks later...

We are about a week out from the comp. If you are planning on coming please PM me to get address. We will be having it at my house due to low expected turnout.

- Aaron

• Like 2

Ok contest is tomorrow. Good luck to everyone who makes it out. I just finished printing out the loading charts and scoresheets. 

I have the T-shirt and Stickers that Nate sent as sponsorship prizes as well.

If there is anyone else I have not talked to who wants to come and needs directions, let me know. Not too late. :)

- Aaron

• Like 3

Gl guys.  PR party i hope.

I'm particularly curious how the FBBC Anvil event goes.  

• Like 2

8 hours ago, anwnate said:

Gl guys.  PR party i hope.

I'm particularly curious how the FBBC Anvil event goes.  

Me too, since it's a brand new event.  I think it will be a lot of fun.  I think I remember the rules saying something about an overhand grip.  That would definitely tame my numbers if I was competing.