HEAVY GRIPS 500

Paul Markowski

It has come to my attention that the Heavy Grips 500 is the toughest gripper ever to close!  Is that a fact?  To date, no one has officially closed it (as far as I know).

In addition, since Heavy Grips do not manufacture the 500 anymore, does anyone know how I might be able to buy one (used???)?

Not sure if you've seen this before.

Edited by Daniel Fleming

48 minutes ago, Paul Markowski said:

It has come to my attention that the Heavy Grips 500 is the toughest gripper ever to close!  Is that a fact?  To date, no one has officially closed it (as far as I know).

In addition, since Heavy Grips do not manufacture the 500 anymore, does anyone know how I might be able to buy one (used???)?

I would venture out to say a Tetting Pro and World Class would be grippers no one has closed (not having it clamped; attempting it with a mms set)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Daniel Fleming said:

Not sure if you've seen this before.

Very interesting!  Thanks.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, John McCarter said:

I would venture out to say a Tetting Pro and World Class would be grippers no one has closed (not having it clamped; attempting it with a mms set)

John:

I probably agree with you.  Looks that there may be more than a few grippers out there that are way tougher.

9 hours ago, John McCarter said:

John, I remember reading on the board a while back that Chris James saw Nathan holle close a pro in training.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chez said:

John, I remember reading on the board a while back that Chris James saw Nathan holle close a pro in training.

I forgot about that one. Man, hope there was video of that.

Just heard about a Beef Builder Hercules (1800 lbs. to close)....anyone try that one out yet?

50 minutes ago, Paul Markowski said:

Just heard about a Beef Builder Hercules (1800 lbs. to close)....anyone try that one out yet?

That is a novelty gripper. No one can close that. In fact, a machine press probably couldn't because the gripper would most likely break before the handles touched. I think someone on the board tested it by hanging weights from the handle. I don't remember how much they had on it but I remember it was a whole lot and handle barely moved. 

• Like 1

GHP10 is another gripper that has never been closed but it's probably possible for a human to do so.

16 minutes ago, Fist of Fury said:

GHP10 is another gripper that has never been closed but it's probably possible for a human to do so.

At least it can be used in some way for training. Vano has closed a GHP 10 choked deep and Tommy Jennings has chest crushed one (Do bending exercise). The Hercules is only gripper I am 100% confident can not be used in anyway for training.  

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Chez said:

At least it can be used in some way for training. Vano has closed a GHP 10 choked deep and Tommy Jennings has chest crushed one (Do bending exercise). The Hercules is only gripper I am 100% confident can not be used in anyway for training.  

Yes, Vano is a beast. I didn't know anyone had chest crushed this gripper, is there a vid of Tommy doing that somewhere?

The Hercules gripper might be useful for some strong people to train their LEGS with if you rig up something that makes it possible :D

1 minute ago, Fist of Fury said:

Yes, Vano is a beast. I didn't know anyone had chest crushed this gripper, is there a vid of Tommy doing that somewhere?

The Hercules gripper might be useful for some strong people to train their LEGS with if you rig up something that makes it possible :D

Ya. Tommy posted a video of it but I'm not sure if it's still up. At one point I remember Tommy took a lot of videos down. He is one of the strongest DO benders of all time so it didn't surprise me that he was able to do it.