Got some yellow and blue nails today

wobbler

Need to figure out these imps because they were stiff, loose, and slippery. Had to keep them real far in. But, zero pain compared to the suede I was using. Double overhand, yellow took about 30 seconds, blue about 2 minutes, right after the yellow jus slupped the wraps off and put a blue in. Got a little stuck after it was kinked.

• Like 2

Good bending!  If you had tightly re-wrapped that Blue it probably would've been a lot faster.  Be careful about just slipping slightly loose (especially right after you did another bend) pads onto another bar.  It increases your chances of injury from slipping while exerting pressure on the bar.  Some guys like this because it makes any bar harder to bend.  Other guys - those that have been injured doing this - only do this until they get injured. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, bencrush said:

... Be careful about just slipping slightly loose (especially right after you did another bend) pads onto another bar.  It increases your chances of injury from slipping while exerting pressure on the bar.  Some guys like this because it makes any bar harder to bend.  Other guys - those that have been injured doing this - only do this until they get injured. 

I'm one of those guys who slip wraps on and off.  Ben is completely right about potential injury.  While your unlikely to cut your throat...wracking your wrists and punching yourself in the face are very real concerns.

I'm part of a long list of benders who have done both.  If you don't rewrap. ..then make sure your grip is super tight...and your technique is very sound.  

That said...if I'm attempting a new bend or current max bend...I'll always rewrap.

• Like 2

Thanks, good points. I see people's videos with big wraps barely on the ends of the bar and I just don't have the balls for that. Not trying to bend big stuff, and this is mostly for hand and wrist strength. I've only bent a few 1/4" bars, 1 hot 1 cold from Lowes both 7", 1 fbbc 7", 1 fbbc 6", and now these. Going to figure out underhand next, and work on reverse. I feel pretty solid overhand without much experience at all. Will have to get a video and see.

After shipping these were less than 75 cents each, I was locked and loaded on a mcmaster order for drill rod at a few smaller than 1/4 diameters, going to rethink that now. Still taking it slow.

• Like 1

Blue in 20 seconds tonight, got video but it's a little ugly. I already see a few things to adjust.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wobbler said:

Blue in 20 seconds tonight, got video but it's a little ugly. I already see a few things to adjust.

There you go!  That is very nice. 

• Like 1