M drill rod bend

JoshW

19 minutes ago, JoshW said:

Single IMP work paying off, going to rest till Monday then try cert the bastard.

Nice bend! Good luck with the cert.

short work. :)  

Probably should have dropped the outer wraps after the first 4 hits.  The narrower spread would have allowed for a better interlock and saved you 2-3 hits overall.

Less hits means more power available for the hits used.  Bang for your buck if you will.

Additionally...can't be sure, but it looks like you need to crush lower on the bar.  Much better leverage there.

Hard to say from a video since the ends are buried in the wraps and your hands...but that's what it looks like.

Also...if you take a second to take a deeper breath before hits.  The Valsalva maneuver will pay nice dividends.

I'm sure you will get the Bastard with zero issues.

• Like 1

I took a while off bending, definitely feeling rusty. Will definitely your advice on board! My crush is awful at the moment like I can kink 450+ bars and sweep them but get stuck around 3.5" :( but felt stronger today for sure after resting so I may get it soon.

I may try cert my irongrip 145kg instead to prepare for the bastard another day as I only have one left that's not kinked so don't want to waste it. 

Careful wrapping that far out on the ends. If the wrap pops off, you're in serious, maybe catastrophic trouble. 

Maybe I need to adjust that..I have punched myself in the face more times than I can count recently. 

In my experience having the wraps deeper will make the bend/arch a little sharper thus making the crushdown a tad easier. It's a small and almost insignificant difference but it could be just the small advantage you need for the crushdown to take the bastard down below 2".

• Like 2