This weeks scrolls and a question about size

canthar

This was made from a 5ft piece so it is larger than the ones I made for DBCC. Would you consider this too large to be used as a trophy or art piece you would want?

• Like 3

how much has these pieces been running you for the sizes you've been getting. Also, how often have you been scrolling?

Really nice pieces. They would be too big for me as an art piece but mostly because I lack free table space for art. Personally I think they are a bit big for trophies (except maybe an important first place trophy) but others may disagree. Your recent trophies were the perfect size in my opinion.

I typically scroll once a week, occasionally twice. Price really varies on size and what I get. The shiny stuff I used for the DBBC stuff was more expense than the rough HR metal shown here that gets crap everywhere, it is also a bit harder than the equivalent from the yard. 

@KapMan I would likely look to sell most of the pieces for 20-25. Bit more when multiple bars are used.

Edited by canthar

2 minutes ago, Liam Trott said:

Really nice pieces. They would be too big for me as an art piece but mostly because I lack free table space for art. Personally I think they are a bit big for trophies (except maybe an important first place trophy) but others may disagree. Your recent trophies were the perfect size in my opinion.

My wife and I were discussing this earlier and thought the same way. Decided to put it up for discussion here and see what more people were thinking.

55 minutes ago, Liam Trott said:

This.

• Like 1

Most of the "artsy" pieces I do are 10' of 3/8" square.  It's pretty easy to make something that's not too big with it.  Bigger (harder) steel can be made smaller by guys stronger than I am for sure.  I like the look of "more bends" which I can only do with smaller stock any more.  There's only so much you can do with a 5' piece of larger stock. 

Yeah, the smaller steel allows for better control and creativity.