Pinned Bending threads...not just for looks.

anwnate

I want to draw attention to the pinned thread...

I was recently discussing Torrella's Red bending quest (not to throw him under the bus ;) ) with him.

Because of his relative strength, I became convinced there was something technical holding him back.  After questions and pics through the phone, it turned out he was placing the ends of the bar much lower in his palm than ideal. 

I immediately sent him the link to @Sean Cashman 's DO instructional video.  The crazy thing about Anton...is that he's been bending 400's...with a horrible kink placement.  I expect with some tweaking and a learning curve...he'll be bending heavier than the Red in short order.  

Basically...I'm throwing this out there to remind new benders that this section is chalk full of good info...info that can shorten your path to your goals by a large margin.

Happy bending!

• Like 5

This is very true and I should be thrown under a bus for not seeking more professional help immediately  - don't be like me kids - seek and you shall find!

• Like 1

I just watched the cashman video and I totally remember watching that a while ago but clearly forgot its lessons - excellent instructions - I was also keeping both palms open while sweeping instead of keeping one gripped and one open - that should make a good difference too! How foolish I've been...and needlessly!