25lb Face Lever

KapMan

6 minutes ago, KapMan said:

no love up in this piece.

Well...it's a decent stepping stone for training.  Wouldn't pass muster on a legal/medley lift as you lost control onto your head and then dropped your arm to get it back up.

That said...

Man...that's a ridiculous amount of weight to lever...and way more than I'll probably ever do in my lifetime (strict or no).

You have some legit wrist strength there.  

I've zero doubt you'll be able to perform that strictly soon...and then add even more weight. (which actually kind of boggles the mind)

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, anwnate said:

Well...it's a decent stepping stone for training.  Wouldn't pass muster on a legal/medley lift as you lost control onto your head and then dropped your arm to get it back up.

That said...

Man...that's a ridiculous amount of weight to lever...and way more than I'll probably ever do in my lifetime (strict or no).

You have some legit wrist strength there.  

I've zero doubt you'll be able to perform that strictly soon...and then add even more weight. (which actually kind of boggles the mind)

Yeah, I messed up. I couldn't keep the pressure on to make a soft landing. But that's a legit 32 inch stick, If I did it higher, I think I would hit my forehead with the stick instead of the head of the hammer. I was hoping someone would do what you did. I appreciate it. I wasn't sure if it was good or not.

PS: I did a quick lever with my 12 lb and I did get the stick to the head result. Is that still acceptable?

Edited by KapMan
Measurement

It had 160+ views when I watched it. They may not be congratulating you because they're too busy sizing you up.

• Like 3

On 7/28/2016 at 11:28 PM, bencrush said:

Strong levering! 

On 7/30/2016 at 11:58 AM, David_wigren said:

Strong work brother!

Thanks gents, as pointed out I just to work some technique and I'll be a levering super champ!

Took that thing to the forehead like a champ

• Like 1

On 7/31/2016 at 9:08 PM, Justin Matney said:

Took that thing to the forehead like a champ

:rock

Bringing any amount of weight to the head is possible, when the handle is only 45deg to perpendicular. Equates to maybe 14lbs if the handle were parallel to the floor. Probably why there is not as many kudos as you'd thought. 2c.

• Like 1

On 8/1/2016 at 11:01 PM, MilGrip said:

Bringing any amount of weight to the head is possible, when the handle is only 45deg to perpendicular. Equates to maybe 14lbs if the handle were parallel to the floor. Probably why there is not as many kudos as you'd thought. 2c.

totally felt like 14 lbs.................................................................... I did it lower so the actual head of the hammer touched my head otherwise it would of be all stick and look dumber then it already does. Slims hammers are shorter then mine by like 2-3 inches which makes for a different feel and weight distribution.  I've done it choked to 30 inches and arm completely level. Not any easier. But not harder. 

Edited by KapMan