Training Days per Week?

Paul Markowski

Presently, I train my crushing grip twice per week.  I was doing it three times but felt fatigued so I cut back to twice a week.  I think that by doing this only twice a week, I am both physically and psychologically ready for the two workouts.  I believe "mental" attitude is half the battle.  

Any input of what you guys do would be appreciated....training days on grip per week????

Totally depends, everything from once per every 10 days to every day of the week works. Totally depends on the person. If you train for five or more days per week you need to cycle it though, so you don't train like that all the time, of course.

You should check out RRBT and KTA. Those programs are not for beginners but they will take most people to a higher level.

52 minutes ago, Fist of Fury said:

Totally depends, everything from once per every 10 days to every day of the week works. Totally depends on the person. If you train for five or more days per week you need to cycle it though, so you don't train like that all the time, of course.

You should check out RRBT and KTA. Those programs are not for beginners but they will take most people to a higher level.

Thanks for the info.  Figured that!

I train 2-3 times per week depending on how well I recover. It really depends on the intensity though and your work capacity. The amount of volume and intensity your hands can handle will increase over time.

Liam:

Because I have been training religiously with weights for about 30 years now, I too know the feeling of "over training"...Over the past 10 years or so, I have not overtrained as I knew by that time that over training is not conducive to strength gains (also injury can result)...given that experience, that is why (for now) I train grip 2 times per week...I like having those off days build up the psych and readiness that I feel each and every time I pick up a gripper....I am indeed "ready" for the workout!

• Like 1

I train grip 4 days a week. Grippers twice. I think I may just do 2-3 and 1 gripper workout this next 16 weeks. After conversing with folk i respect, I feel that I may have over done both the frequency of training and what implements I used.

Currently a 4 day cycle over 3 days per week. First two heavier intensity, next two at more a medium intensity. 

9 hours ago, KapMan said:

I train grip 4 days a week. Grippers twice. I think I may just do 2-3 and 1 gripper workout this next 16 weeks. After conversing with folk i respect, I feel that I may have over done both the frequency of training and what implements I used.

Thanks KapMan.....I also go by what my muscles and body are telling me...I think we all know when we are doing too much....I think with time (experience) people will have no problem slowing it down....those young bucks though (like I was once) can't really see that their bodies are over trained.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Shoggoth said:

Currently a 4 day cycle over 3 days per week. First two heavier intensity, next two at more a medium intensity. 

Shoggoth:

Your post just shows how "individual" grip training really is."