Terry Hollands - 240 kilos on axle

Kashtan

Brand new or well used makes no difference at all for me (IronMind axle). I did not find it slippery when new using chalk. Not sure how other brands compare with IronMind's though.

Made it look easy, not sure if hooked or not, the way he took a second to get off the bar indicates that.  Anybody knows whats his regular dl?

Either ways is very strong

• Like 1

Difference knurling or smooth - maybe huge.

Example.

Rich Williams - on Ironmind axle new - 500 lbs. In 2010. 1 rep - axle smooth.

This axle 500 lbs, but knurling. Reps 8 or evgen more.

I know Rich is training to where he was in grip and more to break the WR.

• Like 1

On ‎7‎/‎17‎/‎2016 at 8:53 PM, svr said:

528 lbs. DOH is badass on any axle using any grip,

but the details would be interesting.

Matt Graham pulled 540lbs double overhand with a hook on an Apollon's Axle in 2001 at a USAWA contest.  And he weighed less than 275lbs, because he lifted in the 125kg weight class that day. 

1 hour ago, bencrush said:

Matt Graham pulled 540lbs double overhand with a hook on an Apollon's Axle in 2001 at a USAWA contest.  And he weighed less than 275lbs, because he lifted in the 125kg weight class that day. 

Matt lift in hook. Hook - prohibited. And not original axle from ironmind.

Was double over not hook, was to set the official world record with official strongman.

9 minutes ago, Paul Savage said:

Was double over not hook, was to set the official world record with official strongman.

Paul - does this Strongman group use the IM Axle - an actual 2" Axle - 50mm Axle or what for record purposes?  Not being smart - I just have no idea on that. 

41 minutes ago, climber511 said:

Paul - does this Strongman group use the IM Axle - an actual 2" Axle - 50mm Axle or what for record purposes?  Not being smart - I just have no idea on that. 

I don't think we have 50mm bars in the UK? It's a smooth 2 inch axle I'm pretty sure, don't know who by though.

14 minutes ago, Paul Savage said:

I don't think we have 50mm bars in the UK? It's a smooth 2 inch axle I'm pretty sure, don't know who by though.

Paul - it was scored. Why did you decide that it was smooth?.
The record is fixed only on the original axle from Ironmind. The rest is not appropriate.
If you think it is right - write Strossman - give him a link to the video, will register a record.
I respect Terry, and his strength.

18 minutes ago, Kashtan said:

Paul - it was scored. Why did you decide that it was smooth?.
The record is fixed only on the original axle from Ironmind. The rest is not appropriate.
If you think it is right - write Strossman - give him a link to the video, will register a record.
I respect Terry, and his strength.

He did a lift with similar weight on his own 2" Axle and said it was a smooth 2" Axle so thinking this is also. This won't count as a record with ironmind as they only count records with there own equipment. Don't see why the rest arnt appropriate, there shouldn't be only one company allowed to sell an axle.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Paul Savage said:

Він зробив ліфт з аналогічними вага на власну 2" міст і сказав, що це був гладкий 2" міст так думаю також. Це не вважається запис з ironmind, як вони розраховують лише записи з є власне обладнання. Не розумію, чому інші відповідні арнт, не повинно бути лише однієї компанії дозволено продати міст.

Smooth - it is you personally hear from Terry?
My friend was in this tournament, and said that it was the axel with a knurl and rust.
Strossen fixed records only on him equipment - it is logical. Nobody forbids to sell their axles. But they have different surface - even smooth.
For example - Gabrel Sum wrote - his axel from Baraban - 10 kg more difficult as a result.
Russkaya Os by Sularukov - through rough paint - 10 kg at least pulls more than Ironmind.
Etalon is - Ironmind.
Original in England there. Why no one thought that this difference?
I would have given my axle.

With all the different groups and organizations - it's kind of impossible to actually claim a "record" for an "Axle".  Kind of like Power Lifting - different orgs have their own "records".  Still any way we look at it - it's a heck of a lift.

I think whther it was an ironmind axle or not has a lot less bearing on it than whether it was a hook grip.  Hook grip makes a huge difference.  However, that didn't look like hook grip to me.  It looked like he was trying to stop the bounce.  Just my opinion.  Awesome lift, regardless of details.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Jedd Johnson said:

I think whther it was an ironmind axle or not has a lot less bearing on it than whether it was a hook grip.  Hook grip makes a huge difference.  However, that didn't look like hook grip to me.  It looked like he was trying to stop the bounce.  Just my opinion.  Awesome lift, regardless of details.

Definitely not hook Jed, this was official strongman (wsm, giants live etc) double overhand axle deadlift world record attempt. Terry was talking about doing it for a while.

48 minutes ago, Kashtan said:

Smooth - it is you personally hear from Terry?
My friend was in this tournament, and said that it was the axel with a knurl and rust.
Strossen fixed records only on him equipment - it is logical. Nobody forbids to sell their axles. But they have different surface - even smooth.
For example - Gabrel Sum wrote - his axel from Baraban - 10 kg more difficult as a result.
Russkaya Os by Sularukov - through rough paint - 10 kg at least pulls more than Ironmind.
Etalon is - Ironmind.
Original in England there. Why no one thought that this difference?
I would have given my axle.

The 238.5kg lift he did on video terry said was a smooth 2" axle. He also did 241kg on the same axle from 15" with solid lockout.

Edited by Paul Savage

Watching the 238.5kg lift again they actually zoom in on the bar and yes it's a smooth bar. Of course terry is never going to lie either.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Paul Savage said:

The 238.5kg lift he did on video terry said was a smooth 2" axle. 

Paul, please a link to a video where Terry says that the axle smooth.