Official Red Nail Certification Jan Heller

camz

As it is official now: Congratulations once again to Jan Heller from Germany to a very convincing Red Nail Certification last Saturday!

Here is the video:

...and the article from IronMind: 

http://www.ironmind.com/news/Jan-Heller-Certifies-on-the-IronMind-Red-Nail/

Way to go, Jan! It was a pleasure to hang out with you! 

• Like 10

Many thanks Carl.

It was a great day with you and your family. 

Now up to bigger steel ;)

Also many thanks to Martin, I hope the german bending family will grow a little bit. 

• Like 1

So what's next?

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Anthony C. said:

Congrats Jan!

Many thanks Anthony. 

12 hours ago, canthar said:

Very nice bend, that was solid!

Many thanks. 

4 hours ago, EJ Livesey said:

So what's next?

I will try to get a better cert with the Irongrip bars. Next step is 180kg and a longterm goal is 200kg. 

And I think some FBBC bars would be nice.  

There is so much steel to bend. It will be a long journey but I'm very happy with that. 

• Like 1

Congrats!

• Like 1

Many thanks guys. 

Today I ordered some new Irongrip Bars and I have a huge stock of CRS 8mm so this year is safe...  

• Like 1

Many thanks. Video was made by Carl ;)

I thought it could be interessting to write a little bit about my prep for the red nail cert (perhaps for those who also want to cert!?) :

10 weeks before the cert date I started my prep as follows: Two raw bending sessions a week. Each day with a little warmup for shoulder, neck, arms and hands - then 5 pcs of 6mm bars,  1 pcs of 7mm bar (all 7" long)  and one red nail without rubber bands and a timer to look at the time. 

During the other days of the week I did a lot of hammer levering work and shoulder dislocations with a red rubberband and a broomstick.

One week before the cert date I did nothing. No bending,  no BJJ,  no strength training, only a little mobility routine each day. 

Some could ask why only two bending sessions a week, but my main sport is BJJ, so I had only the two days, but it worked. This prep worked for me (probably it's not the best) , I don't know if this is for everybody a possibillity  but I want to share it here :)

And sorry for not the best english... 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Horrido said:

I thought it could be interessting to write a little bit about my prep for the red nail cert (perhaps for those who also want to cert!?) :

10 weeks before the cert date I started my prep as follows: Two raw bending sessions a week. Each day with a little warmup for shoulder, neck, arms and hands - then 5 pcs of 6mm bars,  1 pcs of 7mm bar (all 7" long)  and one red nail without rubber bands and a timer to look at the time. 

During the other days of the week I did a lot of hammer levering work and shoulder dislocations with a red rubberband and a broomstick.

One week before the cert date I did nothing. No bending,  no BJJ,  no strength training, only a little mobility routine each day. 

Some could ask why only two bending sessions a week, but my main sport is BJJ, so I had only the two days, but it worked. This prep worked for me (probably it's not the best) , I don't know if this is for everybody a possibillity  but I want to share it here :)

Ive been following you on Instagram (heelsincedayone) for a lot of your journey and am really happy to see you complete this goal, dude. Looking forward to see what else you will do!

• Like 1

On ‎7‎/‎23‎/‎2016 at 4:07 AM, Horrido said:

Many thanks Anthony. There is more to come.... 

What are your next bending goals? 

I put bending off for the time being to work on making my overall grip stronger. I'll be back though!

On ‎7‎/‎22‎/‎2016 at 5:46 AM, Horrido said:

Thanks for posting your routine.  Congrats on the cert!