Building the "Titan Dumbbell"

ChimpGrip

@ChimpGrip Eddie just did 500KG deadlift. Any new ideas to one hand deadlift that much weight on 3" handles? This is a serious question btw.

On July 11, 2016 at 5:48 AM, Alawadhi said:

@ChimpGrip Eddie just did 500KG deadlift. Any new ideas to one hand deadlift that much weight on 3" handles? This is a serious question btw.

Not deadlifting anything till I heal my back. Even then, lot of risk involved. 

Can you be more clear on what you're asking? No "new ideas" for any new lifts/feats of strength. 

Edited by ChimpGrip

5 minutes ago, ChimpGrip said:

Not deadlifting anything till I heal my back. Even then, lot of risk involved. 

Can you be more clear on what you're asking? No "new ideas" for any new lifts/feats of strength. 

You seem to be motivated person. Whenever you see a new PR/feat/WR accomplished you want to better it.

If too much risk on your back then why you wanted to do rows one handed with 485 pounds and make the titan dumbbell?

Mate, don't hurt yourself much. Really. Avoid paperweight dumbbell unless you better yourself and health. Health comes first. Buy FBBC crusher and you can keep adding weights. Simple.

On 11.07.2016 at 1:48 PM, Alawadhi said:

Best effort on 3" handle - Brian Shaw 202 lbs hold 8 sec. Sorinex Circus Dumbbell. No tilt.

13 minutes ago, Kashtan said:

Best effort on 3" handle - Brian Shaw 202 lbs hold 8 sec. Sorinex Circus Dumbbell. No tilt.

Of course I know. But I wanted to know what is ChimGrip ambition as he always want more than anyone.

• Like 1

you could also buy 4 hemispheres weld them together with a 1.5" hole then pour them full of lead. That would get your 352 easy and cheap just be safe with melting the lead.

21 hours ago, Alawadhi said:

You seem to be motivated person. Whenever you see a new PR/feat/WR accomplished you want to better it.

If too much risk on your back then why you wanted to do rows one handed with 485 pounds and make the titan dumbbell?

Mate, don't hurt yourself much. Really. Avoid paperweight dumbbell unless you better yourself and health. Health comes first. Buy FBBC crusher and you can keep adding weights. Simple.

I am highly motivated. To me, if I don't accomplish things in it that have never been done, or something incredible, then it's a failure in the end. 

I  just want those Dumbbells for now just to go into my collection. Won't even touch them until health is better. Once I can get my back fixed then I can aim to work my up to that weight (in the long run of course). I hate my back. Sick and tired of it, because nerve pain is annoying and the only solution seems to be surgery. Stretching provides relief till your muscles tighten up again. 

Edited by ChimpGrip

Be grateful mate. Other people cannot walk.

@ChimpGrip

A bell in the range your looking for can be make in 1 of two ways. 1 A pro dumbbell can be loaded to that range with 25lb smooth plates and second it could be cast as you first commented. Your not the only one who's asked us to look into casting a bell of that size but as of now no one has pulled the trigger on an order yet. 

To have it machined is an option but finding a shop willing to handle turning something of that size may be an issue. I know we wouldn't want to mess with it. 

You could always contact Watson Gym in the UK as they have a 150kg Dumbbell and as they make to order I'm sure you could ask to change the handle spec and increase the weigh to your required weight?

On Thursday, July 14, 2016 at 9:01 AM, ChimpGrip said:

I am highly motivated. To me, if I don't accomplish things in it that have never been done, or something incredible, then it's a failure in the end. 

I  just want those Dumbbells for now just to go into my collection. Won't even touch them until health is better. Once I can get my back fixed then I can aim to work my up to that weight (in the long run of course). I hate my back. Sick and tired of it, because nerve pain is annoying and the only solution seems to be surgery. Stretching provides relief till your muscles tighten up again. 

What is your present collection looks like?  I'm sure it looks incredible, could we see pics.

• 3 weeks later...

Do you already have an Inch replica and Millenium Dumbbell? Have you lifted either? When I buy an Inch it'll probably be the most expensive thing I own. Luckily not many people will be able to steal it :)