Building the "Titan Dumbbell"

ChimpGrip

I was told about this at my family reunion yesterday now I want one built. I couldn't lift it but I would love to have it in my strength stuff collection

the Titan Dumbbell is basically a 352 lb millennium dumbbell. Same design- one piece globe dumbbell, with a mighty thick grip (this dumbbell is suppose to have a 3" thick grip rather than the 2 3/8" thick grip) 

my question here is where do I go to get something like this made? A machinist? 

1 hour ago, Grind said:

352lb / 3" handle... I couldn't lift it! 

Lol, who could?!

A orangutan maybe :D

• Like 1

The cost I would assume would be astronomical. If you do it, a machinist might be able to do a loadable (plate/shot) but again I think something like that would be super expensive. If you look at the inches FBBC sells they are 250-400 plus another 80-140 shipping and those are solid forged ones. 

I don't think a man alive could lift 352 pound 3" gripped DB. I don't think very man have lifted the 300 Henry bell. So good luck, lol.

Edited by KapMan

Had you considered plate loadable?  Maybe hit up FBBC about a custom 3" pro dumbell handle; use 25# plates instead of 10s.  That way you could break it down if it ever required moving!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Grind said:

352lb / 3" handle... I couldn't lift it! 

Lol, who could?!

Snook.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Justin Matney said:

Snook.

Surely it's a joke. But maybe the topic starter will believe it. No one will lift it. Not now anyway. Maybe with advance science and genetic coding something might happen but not now. It will be a waste of money. 

6 hours ago, Alawadhi said:

Surely it's a joke. But maybe the topic starter will believe it. No one will lift it. Not now anyway. Maybe with advance science and genetic coding something might happen but not now. It will be a waste of money. 

Money is not of concern, and I want it to go into my collection. 

And no, I don't think anyone right now can lift it. But given how barriers have have constantly been broken, I don't think it's unattainable. 

26 minutes ago, ChimpGrip said:

And no, I don't think anyone right now can lift it. But given how barriers have have constantly been broken, I don't think it's unattainable. 

We're you looking for a 400lb dumbbell to do rows with at one point?

On 6/27/2016 at 7:06 PM, ChimpGrip said:

Seriously?!         -__-'

On 6/27/2016 at 7:33 PM, Tom Scibelli said:

We're you looking for a 400lb dumbbell to do rows with at one point?

^yep!

The Chimp Troll is back.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Jared Goguen said:

The Chimp Troll is back.

Damnit and I fell for it.........:angry:

1 hour ago, KapMan said:

Damnit and I fell for it.........:angry:

Go look at his post history, he rolls in from time to time and talks about stupid stuff like 475lb dumbbell rows...etc.

Maybe he is just a young kid that knows everything about nothing and nothing about anything... 14-16 yrs. old group :laugh

22 hours ago, Rick Browne said:

Maybe he is just a young kid that knows everything about nothing and nothing about anything... 14-16 yrs. old group :laugh

I think a few years ago he said he was 21?

Mr. Chimp, you should post some videos of your grip training dude.

22 hours ago, Rick Browne said:

I'm sure you're a sharp guy. Lame attempt to sound intelligent by belittling someone. 

I dont claim to know much about anything, I know I'm smart in my expertise, but I will not step out bounds to try to come across as someone who knows everything or a know it all millennial (a generational group I hate being apart of - because I'm nothing like the stereotypical one). 

1 hour ago, Jared Goguen said:

I think a few years ago he said he was 21?

Mr. Chimp, you should post some videos of your grip training dude.

I'll be posting them left and right when I recover from my injuries. I must stop the snowballing now or I'll be done with any kind of strength training (grip included) by the time I'm 30.

I have two herniated discs and am starting to get left elbow pain. On top of that I've got bilateral sciatica, so exercising can be a painful experience. 

23 hours ago, Cannon said:

@ChimpGrip I Googled this for you.  This outfit is probably within walking distance of your house (Given that Sugarland TX is not very big). 

http://www.nrmequipment.com/

Post some pics after you drop a few grand on this bugger. 

Thank you Cannon. I'll be buying more stuff from you guys shortly. You guys do a phenomenal job of communicating with customers. 

All I know is troll or sincere, ChimpGrip, I hope you never go away. I love your posts.

Thank you.

Edited by Anthony C.
  • Like 3