Hub Champ Challenge on Instagram

JHenze646

HubChamp challenge

The HubChampchallenge will run from June 18, 2016 to 11:59 EST on July 16, 2016.
Each participant can enter as many attempts during this time period as they wish.

Conditions for entry:
A video of your attempt must be posted on Instagram.
You must include #hubchamp, #gripsport, the weight of your attempt and tag onward2adventure in the post.

Contesting the lift:

• A weight plate must be lifted from flat on the ground and held for time by the hub.
  • At completion of the attempt, the plate can honorably be returned to the ground or allowed to drop in defeat from the fingers.
  • Only the thumb and fingers of one hand can be used to grip the hub. Contact with the palm is not allowed.
  • Excessive tilt will not be allowed and contact with the body must be keep to a minimum.
  • The only allowed grip aid is chalk.
  • Any size weight plate with a hub can be used, i.e. 25 lb. 20 Kg., 100 lb., etc.
  • Additional weight can be added by resting it on the hub plate's surface as long as it does not interfere with the gripping area and is not held in place by any adhesives, magnets, or restrained in any manner.

This is a challenge amongst friends and you will be on the honor system in reporting your weights.

Scoring the lift:
The lifts will be scored as weight x weight x time = total points.
If you report your weight in Kg, it will be converted to pounds. (1 Kg = 2.204 lbs)
Time will start as the plate leaves the ground and end when it touches the ground again or leaves the fingers.
All times will be rounded down to the nearest second.
Every effort will be made to judge attempts as soon as possible, please however try to remain patient.

Example of scoring:
Lifter A ­ 45 lbs. for 22 seconds (45 x 45 x 22) = 44550 points
Lifter B ­ 35 lbs + 5 lbs for 25 seconds (40 x 40 x 25) = 40000 points
Lifter C ­ 25 lbs. for 52 seconds (25 x 25 x 52) = 32500 points
Lifter A is now leading the challenge.

Instagram only allows videos up to 60 seconds. Please choose your attempts wisely.

Stretch out your fingers, break out your best Hub plate,
Chalk up all the way to your elbow, and let's find out who will be the

HubChamp!

The Hub Champ Challenge.jpg

• Like 10

Weight measured to 1 decimal place? 

My plates have that thick grey paint like hex dumbbells, chalk doesnt help much :(

• Like 1

Y'all better bring it cause this is my lift and I'm going to be all over it starting on the 18th.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Jared Goguen said:

Y'all better bring it cause this is my lift and I'm going to be all over it starting on the 18th.

#BringIt

giphy (14).gif

• Like 3

You guys are in trouble if I can find a deep dish 45, lol.

• Like 2

Sounds fun, I'll give it a shot.  With only 60 seconds to film I'm guessing we don't weigh the plates on film, just do it beforehand and say it in the video and show them if there is time?

Ive never been on Instagram so I'll have to figure the site out after I film the hold.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Squeezus said:

You guys are in trouble if I can find a deep dish 45, lol.

Sounds like you're talking about a pizza.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, canthar said:

Sounds like you're talking about a pizza.

I've been known to lift a pie or two.

• Like 2

Shoot, I just got 64,518.44 but my camera ran out of memory and shut off a few seconds before the end.  

I have a deep dish 45... I'll what I can do!

On film I have a 45lb plate that weighed 44.8 for 53,327.05 points

Also, I did get on film later a 63,758.50 point 35b plate that weighed 34.25 plus 3lbs of weights for 37.25lbs

I do not have a hubable plate. Will the IM hub be acceptable for this challenge?

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, KapMan said:

I do not have a hubable plate. Will the IM hub be acceptable for this challenge?

cant be

6 hours ago, wobbler said:

Weight measured to 1 decimal place? 

My plates have that thick grey paint like hex dumbbells, chalk doesnt help much :(

You can report your weights to three decimal places due to the metric conversion(.001). I will just show the points in whole numbers but will retain the true score. If it comes down to thousands of a point, that would be crazy but I will score it accordingly.

Good luck.

5 hours ago, Jeff Parker said:

Sounds fun, I'll give it a shot.  With only 60 seconds to film I'm guessing we don't weigh the plates on film, just do it beforehand and say it in the video and show them if there is time?

Ive never been on Instagram so I'll have to figure the site out after I film the hold.

You don't have to weigh or show all the plates in the video. You just have to show the grip being taken, the lift and hold. You are on the honor system to report your weights. You can just state the total in the description. But if there is anything suspicious, your lift may not be considered.

I will score the attempts and post a list of the rankings periodically. 

Any post before the 18th won't be considered.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, KapMan said:

No. Unfortunately no hub devices can be used.

Lifting a 45 lb plate by the hub is a classic feat of grip strength and I wanted to keep this challenge close to that. You can use any steel plate with a grip-able Hub, be that 25, 35, kilo plates, etc.

You have almost a month to beg, borrow, steal, buy, or meet up with someone who has a good hub plate. Don't count yourself out.

I expect a big lift from you, Shawn.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Jose Cabrera said:

I gotta heal up from sj3 but im very interested in this, what grip can be used? I dont doorknob.

If you have a question about your grip, post a pic of the grip you take and I will let you know if it is permissible. 

That way everyone can see what may or may not be allowable.

The grip i use is the claw style tucked thumb grip,  not the one where the hub is held like a doorknob. Huge difference in the difficulty. Either way this contest must be on IG, im not on there! Best of luck fellas!

• Like 2