Grip Promoting and teach grip for all

Juha Harju

Great big happening (GPC European Powerlifting Championships) is done now. Also GripMonsters was invited to Rovaniemi, Lapland. Big thanks to Arctic Power Team & Bullfarm. All went good and we had really great time together.

GripMonsters (Juha&Yvonne) wanna say big thanks to Johannes Impiö & Arctic Power Team Finland / Bullfarm. We had very great weekend at Rovaniemi. Over 200 interested people tested their grip at GripMonsters grip sport place. At the main stage we also saw some huge lifts. I'm very impressed of the number of powerlifters who were interested about grip! I look forward to our new next co-operation happening. Big respect!

I´ll upload lot of videos and story later! :D

• Like 10

Fantastic Juha!  

I'm looking forward to the story...and thanks for sharing!

• Like 2

This is the way to promote the sport. Kudos to you Juha.
I used your footage to promote gripsport in our country. 

• Like 3

Excellent event. 

In case members aren't aware, Brandon Lilley has one of the biggest followings of all North American Powerlifters.  What an incredible thing that he took part in a Grip Contest run by one of the best in the world, @Juha Harju.  Totally awesome bro.

• Like 10

Well done my friend for all your contributions to the sport! 

• Like 2

881956_10201674766285779_820893341_o.jpg

Last week in Rovaniemi, (Northern Finland where Santa Claus lives) was organized GPC (http://www.worldgpc.com/) Association's European Powerlifting Championships. The organizer was Arctic Power Team Finland and Bullfarm.
Also GripMonsters (Juha Harju & Yvonne Häkkinen) were invited to this event. Like we know GripMonsters job is to organize international grip sport competitions, variety grip strength shows, official certification happenings, to advise people on all what concerns the development of the grip power,  and pro gripster Juha Harju works as a coach at grip sport too.

The powerlifting event was very well organized. Competitions proceeded smoothly, announcements were clear, weight plates change took place rapidly. We witnessed a number of new world record lifts to many different weight classes. Very impressive work!

There were also many interesting personalities. To myself made a deep impression the elite powerlifter Brandon Lilly. Really strong and nice man. I like him a lot. We talked about how to train powerlifting and about injuries, rehabilitation, the importance of grip power at powerlifting  (static and dynamic grip strength) , the importance of diet to training, how much protein and what kind of protein as well as many other fascinating topics. Very interesting!

Brandon also participated in one of the GripMonsters grip contests there. At the main stage he lifted with FBBC crusher handle, and with World Of Grip Adjustable Thick Bar. Brandon liked the thick bar (49mm) handle. We compared also our hand palms sizes. As we all know I have small hand palm to grip ( 205mm ) but Brandon's palm is still slightly smaller but very muscular. Specially his big thumb muscle stayed on my mind!

13343130_258628221162913_651674450927329

13315717_259366644422404_801614488647667

13460803_261397954219273_2031113665_o.jp

Many of my foreigner grip sport friends has asked from me who is this sexy and powerful woman lifter who I always film at all competitions. She is IFBB Pro Minna Pajulahti. Minna is European and World Champion of powerlifting, raw bench press world record holder (123kg to under 75kg class) and  European Champion of cheerleading. Minna did her debut in grip strength at GripMonsters contest in Rovaniemi and also competed at raw powerlifting. She deadlifted new world record 200kg at -75kg weight class. Minna is European Champion in deadlift and open absolute number one. She is the most superb star what I know.

13418442_259599337732468_491603358748826

13446041_260381310987604_160361145_o.jpg

13453701_260292774329791_2062549281_n.jp

At GripMonsters grip sport place visited over 200 interested people testing and asking of grip and about GripMonsters activity. In my mind stayed specially that hard and open-minded attitude. They lifted blocks, big handles and  squeezed  grippers till to their limits. Great action!

13453183_261399467552455_622104038_o.jpg

At the main stage was chance to close Captains Of Crush #3 gripper with credit card setting. At this time gripper was little bit too hard but we saw good attempts from different countries competitors.

13418419_259028607789541_334206304058449

GripMonsters wants to thank Arctic Power Team Finland (https://arcticpowerteam.com/),  Bullfarm (http://www.bullfarm.fi/), Brandon Lilly,  IFBB Pro Minna Pajulahti, Arto Joronen and all nice people at happening place.

-Juha GripMonster Harju

• Like 7

• 1 month later...

Superwoman in real life

• 4 months later...