Best Gripper Holder/Display

Squeezus

Alright guys, I know some of us throw our grippers in a box or a bag, but some others don't want to hide our grippers under a bushel so we make gripper displays. Show me the cool displays you have for your grippers or displays you may have seen. I am thinking about building something new for myself since I am running out of room on my 2x4 with holes drilled in it.

DSC_0108.jpg

• Like 5

Nice!  I'm a bucket guy.  An old kitty litter bucket actually.  Chalk sits inside and the grippers hang around the rim.  So classy!

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Cannon said:

Nice!  I'm a bucket guy.  An old kitty litter bucket actually.  Chalk sits inside and the grippers hang around the rim.  So classy!

I expected more out of you, Matt. :laugh

6 minutes ago, Squeezus said:

I expected more out of you, Matt. :laugh

People are generally surprised that I only have about 7 personal grippers.  I don't really need a big display.  I've always liked how Sorin has some tethered to a stand for use in his gym.  I've always wanted to do something like that. 

Thanks Tom.

I use the back area for filming...helps keep it in frame.

The red/yellow area defines the comp gripper set.  Had to expand it to the left to get a few lighter than 43cpw (for jr. Competitors)  The rest are specialty grippers.

display closed.jpgdisplay open.jpg

• Like 7

Some awesome displays so far. Mine just sit around a plastic tote but I too am looking for a better solution. With 40 something grippers and growing there has to be a better way. I'm thinking about building some kind of revolving stand. Matt I saw your bucket solution somewhere, I think instagram, not that surprising as you could always pull one from a package if you needed a new gripper to work with.

• Like 1

I'm a bucket guy as well but I'll just add one thing to this convo...when I first started grip in late 2013 the gripper bug bit me hard and I bought a ton of rated Tetting grippers from Matt, from easy to a level that I'll never achieve. Now that Tetting is retired, I look at my gripper collection with a lot of pride.

• Like 5

@Lucasraymond Built mine.  He is a pimp when it comes to crafting stuff like that.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, SteveKin said:

image.jpeg

sorry guys, not sure how to turn my pic upright👍🏼

What holds the grippers on? I can't quite tell how you built it.

Anthony,

do you ever feel like they are treasure?

image.jpeg

Edited by richcottrell
  • Like 13

On June 7, 2016 at 11:44 AM, Squeezus said:

What holds the grippers on? I can't quite tell how you built it.

Hey, yeah sorry not the best of pics I guess, I welded 3/4" pipe-pups to a steel stock 3/16"X2"X48"....... Then I drilled holes for screws so I could mount to my wood shelving, came out nicer than I thought and I can hold all my grippers in order of strength without taking up much room at all, also very easily accessible. Greats pics everyone!

1 minute ago, SteveKin said:

Here's another angle if it helps👍🏼

image.jpeg

Yup, that helps.  Very cool.

• Like 1

Our old CT house had no AC so everything rusted stupid fast there. I have plastics bins with lids and towels between the layers to keep the moisture out of them.

Now I have a room in the house. Need a better solution. 

I keep my small assortment of gripper around the edge of a plastic milk crate.

But... Thanks to this thread I have a few sketches.

I have bought some pouches to put my grippers in. They really like to be warm and comfortable when they sleep.

30u5mq1.jpg

• Like 3

My real gripper storage works like this.   I have a tall ikea book shelf and I put most of  my grippers on the top.  They rest up there easy enough and they are out of reach of the kids.  All are CPW rated and the tags are real easy to see.

then i have a small bookshelf that my grandfather built that I keep in a basement closet.  It has a slight angle to the back of it so the grippers rest on top.  Usually the grippers that I am training with go here and then I can close the door so I am not tempted to "play" with them all the time.

that small shelf actually used hang two rows of grippers, but I found I would often bump grippers around on the top shelf when grabbing one from  the bottom.  

I often thought about building something like this just for grippers.    The angled back is perfect to help keep the grippers steady, but if the lower shelf were closer to the front or if the top shelf were offset to the back, then the double row system would work better.

also a little more angle would work even better to keep the grippers from rocking around.  

Either way, While using these two bookshelves might not be as cool looking as a big case, it keeps the footprint down.  (And my wife does not know how bazerk I went with grippers)

rich

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 6

23 hours ago, SteveKin said:

Here's another angle if it helps👍🏼

image.jpeg

I like this. I think I may make something like it. 

Here's mine, just a peice of wood shaped like a triangle, grippers just sit on top in order, it holds around 30 grippers in quite a small space neatly.  Also you can see my old one to the right which I had to replace as it only held 17, then I had to get it out again when my collection grew over 30!

image.jpeg

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...

My friend at work made me this. He didnt have a gripper when he made it so it came out a bit short but still works great 👌 image.jpeg

• Like 2