New PR! on the road to wrist curling my bodyweight!

Daniel Fleming

I can't even believe I got this.   This is getting heavy....

Ill stick to reps with a bit lighter weight for now before I try to wrist curl even more.

142.2lbs @ 180.4lbs bodyweight.  

Old PR was 137.2lbs

I had to start with my wrist partially cupped in again like I did for my last wrist curl PR video. If I would start with my wrist straight, there's no way I would curl it.  

Edited by Daniel Fleming
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, JamesG said:

Incredible! Looking forward to seeing what you do with the inch.

Thanks a lot dude!!

I really hope I can lift it next time I get the chance :)
(which is going to be July 9th!)

I should be getting my 2.5" crusher in the mail tomorrow,  and Ive never trained with a legit revolving handle so Im curious as to what I'll be able to lift

Nice work Daniel! Slowly pushing the wrist curls back up. I fought golfers elbow for almost 3 years and its finally better but I can feel it start to feel a little different if I progress too fast. Just started adding in rotator work with a strap ala Larratt and wrist curls and it was a little too much. Probably take a week off and either drop the rotator work or hit it less frequently and see if that works. Following your progress and hopefully I can do something decent as well soon. Nice work!

11 hours ago, austinslater said:

Nice work Daniel! Slowly pushing the wrist curls back up. I fought golfers elbow for almost 3 years and its finally better but I can feel it start to feel a little different if I progress too fast. Just started adding in rotator work with a strap ala Larratt and wrist curls and it was a little too much. Probably take a week off and either drop the rotator work or hit it less frequently and see if that works. Following your progress and hopefully I can do something decent as well soon. Nice work!

Thanks Austin!!

To be honest, rotator work with a strap/static rotation training like Devon does is probably better than what Im doing for rotation in armwrestling haha, but Im in love with the exercise I do.  I just posted a video in the Armwrestling forum on gripboard last night with my new wrist pronation PR if you want to see what Im talking about.  Gnarly exercise that Ive been doing for a couple of years. 

And as much as it sucks to reduce training,  its usually for the best.   Like when I started gripper training and was overdoing it and feeling knuckle/hand pain. Then I added 1 extra rest day between training and it made all the difference.    Rotation takes a toll on the arm.  Take your time:)

I bet youll be back full throttle training in no time!

Good luck, dude!

Edited by Daniel Fleming

I'll definitely check out the video in the armwrestling forum and thanks man I appreciate it.

• Like 1