Henri Sonninen vs 4x10kg Eleiko plates

FJM

Henri Sonninen is one name you do not hear often here but he has seriously strong grip. Last year he was second in WSH competition and he also has had great success in local competitions. Unfortunately working as a forest machine entrepreneur does not give much spare time but man certainly has gifts, as he demonstrates here.

Jouni told that Henri also tried five plates but got only little air under those.

• Like 7

Wow - strrrrong!!!!

• Like 2

!!! Very strong

• Like 1

Finns have always been known for their great strength.  

• Like 1

I have forgotten how wide those plates are. I know that they are thin which is no problem IMO but I would like to compare the width to my plates. Please let me know!

Henri is naturally strong, in all areas. Bear in mind that he has trained grip only few times and yet he can defeat pro gripsters and has allready done that in competitions. If he had time to train, who knows how high he could go. Europinch is close to 110kg mark, hornes hub around 30kg, meathooks near 300kg and so on.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, burkhardmacht said:

I have forgotten how wide those plates are. I know that they are thin which is no problem IMO but I would like to compare the width to my plates. Please let me know!

eleiko about 83mm, leoko 93mm, if I remember correctly.

• Like 1

Thanks for the info!! Yeah, it's crazy how much some people are gifted!! To me both groups are interesting - those gifted people on one side (as some kind of wonder of nature) and those who climbed to a great performance because of their work attitude and will power.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Juse said:

Henri is naturally strong, in all areas. Bear in mind that he has trained grip only few times and yet he can defeat pro gripsters and has allready done that in competitions. If he had time to train, who knows how high he could go. Europinch is close to 110kg mark, hornes hub around 30kg, meathooks near 300kg and so on.

Very strong! Which pro gripster did he beat in a comp? I would like to see the 110kg of euro

Keep up the great work

Edited by Alawadhi

25 minutes ago, Alawadhi said:

Very strong! Which pro gripster did he beat in a comp? I would like to see the 110kg of euro

Keep up the great work

Last europinch Finnish championships he was second, Jouni Mähönen won (by a hair) and Juha Harju came third. Haven't lifted 110 yet but will one day, if he only trained, even once a month he would be there and above.. He don't show of in the internet so you might see his performances in Jounis or someone else's videos.

4 hours ago, burkhardmacht said:

Thanks for the info!! Yeah, it's crazy how much some people are gifted!! To me both groups are interesting - those gifted people on one side (as some kind of wonder of nature) and those who climbed to a great performance because of their work attitude and will power.

True, its fun to see those who come in nowhere and do things that seems impossible due the lack of training, also its real fun to see the determination of some individuals who go far and beyond with will of mind and hard work! Hats of for both :) 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Juse said:

Last europinch Finnish championships he was second, Jouni Mähönen won (by a hair) and Juha Harju came third. Haven't lifted 110 yet but will one day, if he only trained, even once a month he would be there and above.. He don't show of in the internet so you might see his performances in Jounis or someone else's videos.

from this spring, Sonninen lifted 105,1kg at contest, I was refereeing this event.