189.2lbs on The Flask (PR)

Squeezus

Top sets from today's training. Looks like my programming is working. I just need to stay patient and injury free.

• Like 9

Congrats to Your PR!

How does this device compares to the Euro set up?

Edited by burkhardmacht
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, burkhardmacht said:

Congrats to Your PR!

How does this device compares to the Euro set up?

Thank you!

The Flask is fixed at 57mm and made from aluminum instead of steel. There is no seasoning effect on the Flask so they are all uniform with the exception of chalk. The edges are rounded in such a way that it does not tear webs (I have never seen or heard of a torn web on the Flask). It is very light when unloaded (3lbs for the Flask and loading pin in my current setup vs 52lbs for my Euro), so women and children can lift it one handed, easily. It is very easy and fast to set up, and takes less than 10 seconds to change weight. It is compact, so I take it in my gym bag with me whenever I travel so I never miss a workout.

This thread has a video of why I made it.

This thread has feedback from other people who have purchased a Flask.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

• Like 1

Well done!

Is this easier or the mouse pinch?

Yours seem to be harder as you lift more on the Euro but want to know the difference between these two and whether do you recommend me getting this? Does this imitates the Euro too like some wrist in it?

29 minutes ago, Alawadhi said:

Well done!

Is this easier or the mouse pinch?

Yours seem to be harder as you lift more on the Euro but want to know the difference between these two and whether do you recommend me getting this? Does this imitates the Euro too like some wrist in it?

I have never had the opportunity to pinch on a mouse pinch. So I'm not sure which is easier. If they were both sanded with 60 grit sandpaper I would imagine they would be pretty similar. The main difference is the Flask does not allow wrist tilt, whereas a Euro and mouse pinch (to a lesser extend) do. The Flask is more like pinching plates because the weight is not spread out to the sides, it is directly below your hand and it pulls your wrists straight. Training only on the flask for the last 8 weeks, I finally pinched my two 44lb (20kg) plates to full lockout this weekend, which I had never done before. I feel like it has allowed me to train pinch more frequently because it is easier on my webs, and it has made me want to train pinch more because it is so simple to use. I think it is the best pinch device for event promoters and people training to pinch plates. I certainly recommend it.

• Like 5

When I pulled that much on my Climber-style pinch, I hit 210+ on the euro.

Good luck for a big lift!

• Like 2

On 5/24/2016 at 7:54 PM, Squeezus said:

I have never had the opportunity to pinch on a mouse pinch. So I'm not sure which is easier. If they were both sanded with 60 grit sandpaper I would imagine they would be pretty similar. The main difference is the Flask does not allow wrist tilt, whereas a Euro and mouse pinch (to a lesser extend) do. The Flask is more like pinching plates because the weight is not spread out to the sides, it is directly below your hand and it pulls your wrists straight. Training only on the flask for the last 8 weeks, I finally pinched my two 44lb (20kg) plates to full lockout this weekend, which I had never done before. I feel like it has allowed me to train pinch more frequently because it is easier on my webs, and it has made me want to train pinch more because it is so simple to use. I think it is the best pinch device for event promoters and people training to pinch plates. I certainly recommend it.

Thanks for the answer. Then it's on my to buy list for sure

• Like 1

Btw where to buy the flask?

On 5/27/2016 at 5:22 AM, Squeezus said:

Order this with the Tip Tester MK2. Can't wait to get them. What a respectable lift on the flask? Wanna see where I stand first time

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Alawadhi said:

Order this with the Tip Tester MK2. Can't wait to get them. What a respectable lift on the flask? Wanna see where I stand first time

Awesome, I'll get it shipped out soon! You can see all of the best lifts on the Flask and my other implements here: Barrel Strength Systems - Leaderboards

Typically people will lift on The Flask 90-95% of what they lift on the Euro.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Squeezus said:

Awesome, I'll get it shipped out soon! You can see all of the best lifts on the Flask and my other implements here: Barrel Strength Systems - Leaderboards

Typically people will lift on The Flask 90-95% of what they lift on the Euro.

Yeah can't wait!

Okay but what weight is respectable? 80Kg+? 90KG+? I know in a normal 2 hand pinch 80KG+ is okay.

1 hour ago, Alawadhi said:

Yeah can't wait!

Okay but what weight is respectable? 80Kg+? 90KG+? I know in a normal 2 hand pinch 80KG+ is okay.

I would say that 80kg is pretty respectable for 2hand pinch on the Flask.

• Like 1