2016 NAGS Championship - List of Qualified Athletes

Eric Roussin

I’ve gone through contest results from the current season and have come up with the following list of athletes who are qualified to attend the 2016 NAGS Championship on June 4th. Note that the list may not include all athletes who have qualified via video submission. If you feel you should be on the list, please contact me. Women do not need to qualify to attend.

Brent Barbe

Martin Braun

Nathaniel Brous

Brian Burgos

Kody Burns

Michael Chaffee

Cole Copely

Jeremy Copely

Aaron Corcorran

Simon-Pierre Desjarlais

Andrew Durniat

Brandon Gerber

Gil Goodman

Dan Fleming

Tim Fox

James Fuller

Josh Henze

Jedd Johnson

Justin Kline

Jor-el Koenig

Josh Koenig

Jamieson Lalande

Matt Lane

John McCarter

Rob McMurren

Jason Otto

Chad Overcast

Andrew Pantke

Jeff Parker

Euclides Ramos

Lucas Raymond

Daniel Reinard

James Retarides

Chris Rice

Cesare Ricchezza

Michael Rogowski

Eric Roussin

Jake Sahlaney

Darrin Shallman

Jeff Slater

John Stepien

JT Straussner

Gary Stuart

Bob Sundin

Jason Thiel

David Thornton

Philippe Tremblay

Jonathon Vance

John Wojciechowski

Christopher Andrade

Matt Cannon

• Like 6

Awesome!!! Thanks Eric for posting!  Now I have to remember what I did to qualify!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bwwm said:

Awesome!!! Thanks Eric for posting!  Now I have to remember what I did to qualify!

I thought the same exact thing. Ha!

Wow, that's a big list. How do all those people get notified that they qualified? Do you also send them messages if they aren't on the gripboard?

1 hour ago, MCrushetta said:

Wow, that's a big list. How do all those people get notified that they qualified? Do you also send them messages if they aren't on the gripboard?

If they aren't a member then they need to become one!!! :tongue

• Like 1

I compiled this list, but I have not contacted everyone. I have contact information for those who have competed in my contests, but not for all of the others. No one is currently collecting contact information for all NAGS-sanctioned contests.

I can confirm that when someone qualifies for the NAGS Championship at one of my contests, I inform them.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Lucasraymond said:

If they aren't a member then they need to become one!!! :tongue

3 hours ago, Eric Roussin said:

I compiled this list, but I have not contacted everyone. I have contact information for those who have competed in my contests, but not for all of the others. No one is currently collecting contact information for all NAGS-sanctioned contests.

I can confirm that when someone qualifies for the NAGS Championship at one of my contests, I inform them.

Gil and I reached out to those on the list from Southern Squeeze. There certainly should be in place a practice to contact everyone who qualified for Nationals in case they aren't on the board / don't have time to be on the grip board / or have limited access to internet. The more the merrier.

• Like 1

There is a place in the athletes portion of the Database management interface to add email address for the athletes for situations exactly like this. I pushed for getting emails addresses of athletes by the promoters to be a requirement in IGC committee discussions but it was shot down at the time. So there are maybe 2 email addresses in there out of hundreds of athletes, one being mine. Promoters certainly could get email addresses and add those to the database for easier access if they choose.

- Aaron

• Like 3

At some point if people want to come to Nationals - they need to show at least a little bit of interest in doing so - like knowing what's going on or at least finding out on their own. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, climber511 said:

At some point if people want to come to Nationals - they need to show at least a little bit of interest in doing so - like knowing what's going on or at least finding out on their own. 

To Chris' point, most people who are interested in nationals already know if they are qualified or not, and more importantly are working out the travel and budget.  I would love to go, but my personal situation precludes it this year, and for probably at least another year.  I still like to make sure I qualify, and try to keep up on being able to do the qualifying feats.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, acorn said:

There is a place in the athletes portion of the Database management interface to add email address for the athletes for situations exactly like this. I pushed for getting emails addresses of athletes by the promoters to be a requirement in IGC committee discussions but it was shot down at the time. So there are maybe 2 email addresses in there out of hundreds of athletes, one being mine. Promoters certainly could get email addresses and add those to the database for easier access if they choose.

- Aaron

I'll add a line for if they want their emails added to events I'm running on entry forms. 

We've never reached out to people to notify that they are qualified.  But, I put up a post on Facebook just now.  About 80% of the people, I am friends with there.

Somehow, @Tank Andrade got left off the list.  He sent all his videos to me, so he's definitely qualified.  Sorry about that, Chris.

• Like 1

Yes. Sorry about that.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Bryan Hunsaker sent me qualifying videos last week and is qualified via 1 Hand Axle Deadlift of 195lbs, 278 2" FBBC Vbar, and 200+lb RT - 120+ Weight Class.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jedd Johnson said:

Bryan Hunsaker sent me qualifying videos last week and is qualified via 1 Hand Axle Deadlift of 195lbs, 278 2" FBBC Vbar, and 200+lb RT - 120+ Weight Class.

Strong dude!