Where to get Grippers Rated?

Shanesaw

Hi guys, wondering if you could help me out here.  I'm fairly new to grippers and have purchased 6 of the CoC's from the Trainer up to the #2.5.  

I'm wondering if any of you guys know of anywhere in Canada (preferably Alberta) that rates grippers?  I'm not super concerned about getting the smaller ones rated but I would like to get the 1.5, 2 & 2.5 rated just to see exactly where they sit.  The more I read and research grippers the more I want to know exactly where I'm at in terms of progress.  I can close them all with the exception of the #2.5, that thing isn't closing for me at this point in time lol.  It feels a ton harder than my #2 but it may just be me :)

I just ordered a pre-rated gripper a couple of days ago from Cannon Power Works, a GHP 5 hoping to bridge the gap between my #2 & #2.5 but with out having them rated I still don't know how much of a spread I'm looking at.  I'm really getting addicted to grippers and just want to do it the best way I can.

Any info would be great and thanks for the help in advance :)

You have a number of ways to go.  

First...directly contact Canadians directly involved in Gripsport.

Here's a link for you.  http://www.canadagripsport.com/directory.html

Use the "@" function here to kind of flag them down.  Say... @Eric Roussin or @Shoggoth and see what they do.

Second...send a bunch of grippers at one time...to ONE source...such as Jedd, or Cannon, or whomever.  It's simply best to go with one person.   Sometimes raters are very close, some times they are not...and sometimes they vary depending on the gripper strength.  So...stick with one rater, especially if you have grippers that are potentially close together.

Third.  Sell you existing grippers and invest in buying rated grippers from now on.

Since you say you can close the #2 already and are new to grippers...I wouldn't waste your money on rating any of them.  I would however purchase a rated #3.

Here's the thing.  You are probably still smack dab in your newbie gains.  That's a great place to be in.

With consistent effort, it's extremely likely you will be closing your #2.5 within the next 6 months anyway.  I suggest getting the #3 because simply working on setting a harder gripper and dealing with the additional resistance is going to pay great dividends on the lower one (#2.5 in this case).

Plus...you were gonna get a #3 down the road anyway right? ;)

• Like 5

I'm not aware of anyone in Canada that rates grippers.

I agree with all of Nate's advice.

• Like 1

I can rate them and am in the process of getting some of my ratings cross checked with Aaron Corcorran. I'm in Alberta (Rocky Mountain House). 

We're also looking at having a competition up in Edmonton possibly in September if you're interested. 

• Like 2

Ghp 5 should be way closer to a 2 than a 2.5. Look at Cpw ratings data to get an idea. RB210's fill can fill that gap pretty well, try something around 120 rgc.

23 minutes ago, wobbler said:

Ghp 5 should be way closer to a 2 than a 2.5. Look at Cpw ratings data to get an idea. RB210's fill can fill that gap pretty well, try something around 120 rgc.

I would not recommend the RB210, they are usually harder or equal to the #2.5's. I would try the specturms instead.

A radical amount of reps with a #2 will easily take one to #2.5 level though. So a new gripper is not a must have.

Thanks for the reply's guys, I appreciate the info.

@anwnate Thanks for the input and I am most definitely looking at getting the #3 in the near future.  Don't get me wrong though, I don't find my #2 easy and still have a long way to go before I would be able to close the #2.5 but I'm determined to get it.  From now on I'll probably just stick to buying pre-rated grippers, I love the idea of knowing exactly where they're at.  

@Shoggoth If you're in Rocky Mountain House thats awesome as I'm just in Red Deer.  It would be great to be able to get the grippers I have rated locally instead of having to send them away.  I'm sure you know how bad Canada Post are.  As for a competition, I'm still brand new to this whole thing so I'm not sure I would be ready for any sort of competition but would love to come and watch it.

@wobbler I was thinking that the GHP 5 would be much closer to my #2 than #2.5 but thought it would be a good starting point.  Like I said earlier though, I don't find my #2 easy to close so I figured a small jump may be more realistic at this time.  Even though I don't know where my #2 would sit but hopefully I'll fix that soon.

Again guys thanks for the info and feedback, looking forward to improving my grip and hopefully someday getting to the #3 :) 

• Like 2

I'm in Red Deer probably once a week so if you wanted I could pick up what you wanted rated and bring them back the next week. Other than Eric I've probably got the biggest selection of grip toys in Canada. If you're on FB send me a friend request and I'll put you in the Alberta Gripsport page. We're looking at having another "griptogether" fairly soon. 

• Like 1

@Shoggoth That's perfect.  I'm also back and forth to Rocky quite often as well so I'm sure we can work something out.

i just tried to add you on Facebook but it wouldn't give me the option to do so.  I sent you a message on there so you could just add me.  Thanks again.

• Like 1

On 4/29/2016 at 9:38 AM, Shoggoth said:

I can rate them and am in the process of getting some of my ratings cross checked with Aaron Corcorran. I'm in Alberta (Rocky Mountain House). 

We're also looking at having a competition up in Edmonton possibly in September if you're interested. 

Keep me posted on the comp bro, so we can get it sanctioned, added to calendar, etc.

• Like 1

I also rate grippers.  Feel free to PM me.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jedd Johnson said:

Keep me posted on the comp bro, so we can get it sanctioned, added to calendar, etc.

Will do. Still figuring out events or if we're just going to host of King Kong. Smaller possibility of that with the grip tops items.