South Jersey 3 (Sat. June 11th)

anwnate

2 hours ago, JHenze646 said:

SJ3 be all likeAAEAAQAAAAAAAASMAAAAJDY5YTg1YjQwLTk4N2QtNDY4My1hM2M3LTUxMjZlOTM2Yjg3YQ.png

LMAO.  Well played.

• Like 2

This sounds like it's gonna be HUGE!!!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, JStepien said:

This sounds like it's gonna be HUGE!!!

It's gotten big yes...but I just want everyone walking away feeling that they had a great time. :)

There's been a pretty big learning curve with everything so far.  Planning can only do so much...implementation will be key.

I will be bring 3 of my 25kg eleiko plates in case anyone wants to try and pinch a pair or 2 hand pinch three.

• Like 2

This will be my last "this is cool!" update.  Anymore "build up" will probably mean I start letting people down on Comp. Day. ;) 

After this, it'll just be answering any questions that pop up here or on the SJ3 Facebook page.

If anyone needs my address/phone, pm me here or on FB.

Things are pretty much tightened down.  A least one "surprise" guest has confirmed.  I'm waiting on a $20 mister system to hook to the tent.  If I only use it once a year...it'll probably hold up for several contests.  When I'm old and gray(er), I can sell most of my equipment...and I've been looking at all of these other costs as an investment for this and future contests.  I'm really hoping that from now any expenses will be pretty darn minor.

Big thanks to @Tom Scibelli and @MRabich for donations to the cause and (secret) mission.

The current plan is to use small loading pins so the jr's won't have any issues with dragging the RTs in the farmer's walk.  I'm thinking that 25lbs +implement/pin in each hand for the Jr's will work out.  As far as the adults go...after careful thought, I've decided on 100lbs each hand.  It'll be light for some...but hard for others.  If anyone can't do the 100lbs...they will have to figure that out before hand and we will add a 75lbs also.  

Edit:  The course will be 50' long.  Any walk under 5' will get a "do over."  So if you are gonna have a screw up...screw up early. ;)  If you are super badass...just turn around at the end and start walking back. :rock

Will the weights start swinging some while walking?  Yes...but controlling that is part of the fun/technique.  Without further ado...here's my RTFW stuff.

rt.jpg

Edit:  I was going to do a video on it...but both my RT's are out on loan at the moment. 

• Like 3

I forgot a blob that belongs in the Adult Medley...42.4lbs. (39-47 was a big gap)

Also...it was pointed out that there were no "Dimes" pinches.

4 and 5 dimes pinch lift now added.  49 items now.

Thanks for the feedback @Anton.Torrella

Promoting a contest is harder than most people think - looks like you're doing a fantastic job!

• Like 4

2 hours ago, climber511 said:

Promoting a contest is harder than most people think - looks like you're doing a fantastic job!

Thanks @climber511.  The real plan is to make this one soooo EPIC that you and similar peeps will decide you can't miss SJ4. :)

I completely acknowledge that promotion is only a skirmish.  The real battle begins when people show up.

If SJ3 goes off even HALF as smoothly as Gripmas 2015...I'll call it a success!

29 minutes ago, anwnate said:

Thanks @climber511.  The real plan is to make this one soooo EPIC that you and similar peeps will decide you can't miss SJ4. :)

I completely acknowledge that promotion is only a skirmish.  The real battle begins when people show up.

If SJ3 goes off even HALF as smoothly as Gripmas 2015...I'll call it a success!

I had a LOT of help!  I remember when I held he first one.  I talked to Jedd and asked how long it takes him to put a contest together - he told me a few months and I laughed.  But he was right of course.  I do a little better now days but it still is an awful lot of work and thinking about how to make it "Right" for people.  If you can find a couple people willing to load and a scorekeeper who aren't competing - life will be a lot easier come the day. You have invested a lot into putting this one - I think things are going to go great for everyone - even you LOL.  I've done the try to do it all myself along with competing and it really sucks :).

• Like 1

T-shirts are done and fit very well. 

Im going to start calibrating steel today. This grip thing is shaping up very nicely

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 6

@EJ Livesey those are some of the coolest grip shirts I've seen! I think that's first shirt to have a crusher and flask on it!

• Like 1

Is also like to mention, @anwnate was nice enough to let a CTD challenge be set up for anyone wanting to give it a go. 

• Like 2

Those shirts look awesome!:rock

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Tom Scibelli said:

Is also like to mention, @anwnate was nice enough to let a CTD challenge be set up for anyone wanting to give it a go. 

Uh oh...

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, JHenze646 said:

Uh oh...

I need as many chances as I can get!

I'll be looking to try  SJ4 and I'm looking forward to reading the road reports from athletes fro SJ3. Again this looks like a very awesome contest.

Edited by KapMan
  • Like 1

It was Nates design. He gave it to me and I ran with it. My t-shirt guy came through fast and on time as promised. 

• Like 4

CTD? I'm already certified, but I'll try it if I can stop struggling in training!

• Like 1

If all goes well I am planning to come back next year also!

13 hours ago, canthar said:

If all goes well I am planning to come back next year also!

Next year will be even bigger. Not sure what we will do but it will be epic (and I never use that word). 

Btw guys don't forget you BB wraps or IMPs  I will have a community pair of BB wraps and two pairs of IMPs. Don't forget beer and/or liquor. EJ wants some drinks. 

So so far I'm bringing 

t-shirts 

calibrated steel

Prize for furthest distance traveled

bending prizes 

ill update more later......

Edited by EJ Livesey
  • Like 1

Promised no more "this is cool" updates...but Mike just made me a liar.

Krahling is coming!

He is also bringing/ donating an awesome medley/RTFW prize.  I may have to compete after all. ;) lol

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, anwnate said:

Promised no more "this is cool" updates...but Mike just made me a liar.

Krahling is coming!

He is also bringing/ donating an awesome medley/RTFW prize.  I may have to compete after all. ;) lol

Keep Krahling away from the sledge hammers - he's a beast with them :)

Looks like I should still home in the 11th

I drink stronger craft beer typically. Am planning to pick up some Old Chubb to bring up. 

On May 28, 2016 at 10:08 AM, EJ Livesey said:

Btw guys don't forget you BB wraps or IMPs  I will have a community pair of BB wraps and two pairs of IMPs. 

Is this going to be two groups of benders (IMPs/BBW) or bender's choice (both combined)?  I should be able to bring an extra pair of wraps too.