wrist developer /bending strength correlation

wobbler

Rick,
for some reason I can not send a PM... maybe something to do with the system upgrade that will happen late tonight/early tomorrow morning.

Anyway, If you want the DVD you have first dibs. 
I do not want to make a dime off this, so please just send the money to the GripBoard instead of me.  What country are you in?
rich 

• Like 1

Sending PM never mind

.. PM system seems to be non functioning.. Rich, I live in the USA and I will PM you my address when PM is online again

• Like 1

On 2016-03-23 at 10:13 PM, Rick Browne said:

Thanks Peter for your reply and pic. You made a good call.  It does look like the WD2 has a better aesthetic look to it than the WD1. Yes, I agree the WD1 can be brutal, but for what I want it to do for me, it certainly gives me all I want and more. By the way, I am not a Bender :)

Well, yeah! the WD1 will easily give you the same effect and fun as the WD2, if you have the WD1 already, then the WD2 is not really needed.

For me the only thing the WD2 would've been better when I got the WD1 (though, when I got the #1, the #2 wasn't yet around) would've been the "easier" warmups. For me the WD2+wasp spring is a good way to go to get both warmup (first notches) and my training in on one spring... if I used the wasp spring on my WD1 it felt almost to hard at the lowest notches for a good warmup so when I only had the WD1 available I usually used the orange for warmups, then switched over to the wasp or black spring for my workout...

Well, as promised, hit up the WDs today... put a wasp spring on either of my two WDs, and, well, the WD1 is violently much harder than the WD2, just as my memory says :D Also, it was a very humblin experience to use them today after such a long lay-off... I also tried my hands at some already bent pieces of steel (need to be economic as my steel is VERY limited at the moment) which was quite horrible as well, but, all in all, it was very nice to be back at it... now, to make sure I get it working with my other training... :D

• Like 1

On 2016-03-24 at 1:43 AM, richcottrell said:

I have truly like reading this thread, so much that I have a deal for one of you fine gentlemen...

I do not know if you have seen it yet, but Jedd makes a good DVD that deals with using the WD and WD2 in training.  I have a copy of this video and I can say for the price it is a worthwhile investment.  
Education is always a good thing.  When I first got my WD2, I hurt my finger from not holding it correctly.  It was a minor injury, but it sure took a while to feel healed.  That was before I got this video.

At Gripmas 2015, I won a second copy of this DVD.  

I obviously do not need two copies of the same video, so here is my deal...  
I noticed that 4 of you guys are not or are no longer "sustaining members" of the grip board, so rather then trying to sell this DVD -- as I am too lazy anyway-- the first one of you to "join up" as any of the Contributor Levels of the Grip Board the DVD will be yours.  As some of you are overseas, I would ask  to be paid back for the shipping.
This dvd is still in the shrink wrap.

Does that sound reasonable?

I will give you guys a week to think about this, but if none of you guys want to take me up on this offer, then one of the other three guys who are already members are welcome to this DVD.

And if no one from this thread bites, I will open up this offer up to anyone else who wants the Wrist Developer DVD for free, as long as they become a Sustaining Member of the GripBoard.

rich

This is another testament to how awesome all grip-people are!!!
Great stuff!!!

The DVD seems to be taken already, and, I never had any longing for it, but, I can promise that I will start contributing to the gripboard, of my own free will, as soon as I can afford anything other than potatoes... :D That is a no-brainer as this place is, and hopefully always will be, awesome!!!

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

From fbbc beginners bag, 3/16×5.5 with suede, 3/16×7 barehand, and maybe 5* on 1/4x7 with suede. All reverse. The 3/16 stuff is pretty easy, will try some different positions on it. Hands feel fine today but still going to ease into it.

It will strengthen and condition all your tendons etc but I found it didn't really carry over. To bend steel you actually have to put in the hard work and bend steel.

From my progress from reversing a 60D to a G5 bolt my strength on the WD stayed pretty much the same

Get some iron grip bars from 50kg-100kg calibrated 7" stock and work your way up is what I did.

• Like 1