I'm looking for bar collars that don't get loose when deadlifting.

Jared Goguen

So it seems like all the bar collars I have slowly get loose over time when deadlifting so I made my own out of a steel ring with bolts, they work great but are slow going when it comes to adding weight.

All the quick release ones I have tried so far kinda suck. Any suggestions? Money isn't really a factor.

I like the Ironmind Bulldog collars and the collars that Ryan at Strongergrip produces. Both are strong and have never failed me.

Husker Power Lock Collars- which fits a 1.9" bar also and/or OSO collars (do not fit 1.9" bar) but amazing locking ability

• Like 1

you need to spin lock type like most people used for the inside of the two handed pinch, Play It Again Sports usually has them.

19 hours ago, rico300zx said:

you newere standing on the right sideyoued to spin lock type like most people used for the inside of the two handed pinch, Play It Again Sports usually has them.

Edited by rico300zx
typo

I've  abused Pro Lock collars for 8 years now. They still bite and hold well. 

Hi Jared,   

I've been using (black) metal Quiklee olympic collars for the past 20 something years for Dead Lifting. A friend of mine gave them to me. To me they're the best collars, never gotten lose on any of the bars that I used them on. Come off very easy, the last thing that I want to do in between heavy sets is bend over while trying to pull collars off the bar.    Then a couple of years ago I was wondering if they still made them. During the early 90's Quiklee also made some very popular ones made out of plastic (olympic & standard). So I figured that if they still made them they must be made somewhere other than the U.S.A. & definitely out of plastic.  So after my wife found them on Amazon, I was shocked to see that they're still made in the U.S.A. & out of steel, I told myself that I had to buy & set.   A quik check onAmazon.com : Quicklee 20MS Machined Steel 2" Olympic Collars Lifetime Guarantee - Made in USA : Weight Bars : Sports & Outdoor      tells me that they are now $81.   I thought they were around $60. when I bought them, but I could be wrong.   At the time when I bought my 2 nd pair, I called the company that makes them (in Pennsylvania) . They explained that the collars are now silver in color & made even better than the original black metal ones that I have. Collars are the only thing lifting related that they make, they're main thing is some type of industrial parts, I can't remember the details or can find the company's website at the moment.  Well, I hope this long story answers your question or that someone else may find it useful.

• Like 2