Living Legends

Andrew P

I just printed out those results...
Wow... its crazy how close those top guys did!

For instance, Jedd and Kody did the same max weights in the Axle, Anvil and Climber pinch, and the deciding weight was only 2.5kg on the Glass Pinch.  That 2.5kg decided who took home the bragging rights.

Then you have  Gil who took third, but he bested those two "other" guys in the Axle and the Anvil as well as the Climber Block.  His Glass Bar was just too far behind not just Jedd and Kody, but Juha and Arto, as well as his 105kg tied with two other guys - Aaron and Brandon Gerber.  Think about that, once again the Glass Bar was a real deciding factor for the Living Legends Contest.

Then you have Juha taking 4th, when he tied Jedd and Kody in the Axle, yet beat everyone but Arto in the Climber Block.  After watching his training videos, I was surprised his Anvil was 10kg off from Andrew's, Jedd's, Kody's and Gil's.  But then again, 95kg is a still crazy number, and only 4 guys did better.

And Andrew "only" took 5th, even with an Axle that was 25kg more then Jedd's or Kody's.
[but then again that event was named after him]...
But Andrew did lift the same Anvil weight as Jedd and Kody, but he fell 5kg below them in the Climber Block.  That Climber Block had half of the field beating out Andrew's 30kg.  Crazy.

Speaking of the Legend named events, was it expected for Andrew to win his Axle?  
Kody did tie for best in the Anvil, but it was a 4 way tie.  
Then you have the Climber Pinch with a huge "Finish" upset.  Juha and Arto both were able to best Jedd.
Due to injury,  Adam Glass did not compete, but could he have done better then Kody's 120kg Glass Bar lift?  We will never know.

Finally, I wanted to give a big shout out to the guys who competed in the legends class who were not already named above.  You guys leaped into the lions den.  That was one of the very cool things about this contest... anyone could sign up to compete with the best of the best.  What other sport are you able to do that in?

here, You had Brandon tie with Gil and Arron in the Glass Bar; and Nick and Josh were able to tie Andrew in the Climber Block; and  Jake tied both Jedd and Kody in that Climber Pinch too.

Edited by richcottrell
  • Like 6

This was a great contest to hang out at and help judge. Great job Andrew :-)

• Like 4

@Andrew P - Thank you for putting this contest together.  It was incredible.  I can't wait to own a copy of the DVD so I can go back and watch it from time to time.  I'm planning to shoot a run-down of the contest on video, if I have time.  I'm very busy this week though.

Speaking of the DVD, I am helping Andrew with the DVD process, and have a page set-up on my site.

You can reserve a copy of this incredible contest for $35 plus Shipping right now.

This was a huge investment for Andrew and Rich.  The money will go toward funding the rest of the project.  Own this piece of Grip History, as soon as it's ready!

http://dieselcrew.com/store/product/living-legends-of-grip-dvd/

• Like 3

Long flights are behind and I'm safely in Finland again.

I want to thank Mr.Bader that I had chance to spend these memorable moments in USA. Living Legends was High Level happening. It was great honor to lift at the same stage with Grip Legends and meet up with legion of great people.

The competition was exiting from the start till the end and no one was alone above the rest. Really awesome! Judging line was clear, announcements and loadings proceeded presentable. Contest place, The Durniat Strength, was spacious and I specially liked Andrew's power lifting tools ( GHR, Reverse Hypers, special bars like safety squat bar) and large selection of York pinch plates!

I hope we will compete together again at Living Legends part 2 in the future.

Thank you Andrew Pantke for your time and hospitality. I really enjoyed of all we did together.

Maria, I like you very much and cronuts was tasty!

Btw, USA whoppers was more better than Finland´s whoppers. Steaks were more juicy!

Jedd, I'm coming after you..... brotherrrrrrr...

Juha GripMoster Harju

• Like 10

40 minutes ago, Juha Harju said:

I want to thank Mr.Bader that I had chance to spend these memorable moments in USA. Living Legends was High Level happening. It was great honor to lift at the same stage with Grip Legends and meet up with legion of great people.

The competition was exiting from the start till the end and no one was alone above the rest. Really awesome! Judging line was clear, announcements and loadings proceeded presentable. Contest place, The Durniat Strength, was spacious and I specially liked Andrew's power lifting tools ( GHR, Reverse Hypers, special bars like safety squat bar) and large selection of York pinch plates!

Thank you Andrew Pantke for your time and hospitality. I really enjoyed of all we did together.

Btw, USA whoppers was more better than Finland´s whoppers. Steaks were more juicy!

Juha GripMoster Harju

JUHA!!!!!! You must come back ! And hopefully we can all make it to Finland. So great you came to compete!!!!!!!!!

• Like 2

On 8/16/2016 at 11:03 PM, Juha Harju said:

Juha GripMoster Harju

Welcome Juha.

Again well done on your amazing Job. You did great for a long flight and being a little sick. Points were very close from the first till 7th! All in all great competition!

• Like 2

Legends was an Awesome contest.  Things I learned

I hate watching and not competing.  (I already knew this but reinforced it once again.)

Everyone was STRONG - not kinda strong but a kind of Wow - another beast is up.  Many of my expectations were simply blown away.

Everyone was super nice - Gripsport has never disappointed me in this regard.  The Finns had wonderful attitudes about life and sport.

It was very well run - Andrew and his wife really had their stuff together!

As always I learned so much talking to everyone - Thanks to all.

• Like 6

Thanks.

I still have pneumonia and antibiotics. Inflammation was 55 one hour ago. Better than 111 (2 days ago). Sick leave 2 weeks. 

-Juha

3 hours ago, Juha Harju said:

Спасибо.

У меня еще есть пневмония и антибиотики. Воспаление было 55 один час назад. Лучше, чем 111 (2 дня назад). Больничный 2 недели.

-Юха

Juha speedy recovery! Your performance was incredible! Most come back into order, and gladden us of Finnish power!

• Like 1