Spring levels V2/WD2

Grind

I have the V2 from David Horne with an orange spring but I was wondering how you should note the levels you are preforming on? 
I was confused by the way the site mentioned that the V2 with a black spring starts at level 3. How come you don't start at level 1 I was thinking but then I found this webpage http://www.davidhorne-gripmaster.com/vulcantraining.html.

The spring levels with a Red spring are;

LEVEL 22 (both springs attached to #8 notches) 
LEVEL 21 (front spring attached to #8 notch, and the rear spring attached to #7 notch) 
LEVEL 20 (front spring attached to #7 notch, and the rear spring attached to #8 notch) 
LEVEL 4 (both springs attached to #2 notches) 
LEVEL 3 (front spring attached to #2 notch, and the rear spring attached to #1 notch) 
LEVEL 2 (front spring attached to #1 notch, and the rear spring attached to #2 notch) 
LEVEL 1 (both springs attached to #1 notches)

Do I understand it right that the Red spring is the benchmark of the level system on the Vulcan and Wrist Developer? It's the only spring there mentioned that starts at level 1. The CROM spring starts at level 6 for example. 

So where does the orange spring stand in this level system? The site says that the black spring is 10% stronger than the red spring. This results is in a 2 level difference (red lvl1 - black lvl3).
The orange spring is 40% weaker than the black spring, that's 30% weaker than the red spring. This would mean that the orange spring starts at level -5 (6 levels difference)?

How do other V2 users address this level system?

Ha,

Ja, je hebt het goed.

Reds at lvl 3 should feel the same as blacks at first notches. Reds at lvl 6, should feel the same as crom at first notches.

Therefore as a rule, red starts at lvl1, blacks at 3 and crom at 6.

Still, you might feel differences between lvl x with spring y and z, but the differences are not very big. For trainingpurposes they are irrelevant.

The trainingsprings -orange, yellow, blue, white- don't fit in this because they are much weaker.

When referring to the orange, just say V2 orange lvl 1 or 10 of whatever. Same with V1, WD1, WD2. But here also, V1 is another beast compared to V2, and WD1 is several levels tougher than WD2 no matter what spring used.

In my written log (and sometimes I type it here too), Ill just name the beast used. V2 black lvl 15, WD2 crom lvl 12, WD1 orange lvl 17 etc.

• Like 3

Thnx Bob, that makes everything clear for me. 
Sometimes you want to compare to another springs but with the weak colors you need to let it go. ;)

• Like 1