Weighted pullups with 20 kg

David_wigren

Hello everyone. Can't press worth a damn because of this incredibly stubborn injury in my left shoulder. But I can still do pullups pretty well! Did a set of 11 reps with 20 kg added. Beat my old personal best of 10 reps from a few years back. Feels like I have potential for better pulling now. Shooting for 15 reps before the summer! 

• Like 8

Frickin' awesome David!

Whats the most weight you have added and completed a successful pull-up with?

Good stuff Wiggy.  Strong!

awesome! what's your current body weight? 

Edited by Evan Raftopoulos

Thank you my friends!

My current weight is about 81 kg in the morning. I have a AW comp in two weeks where I need to drop down to 78 kg. And then additionally down below 75 kg to early april. That should help my pull up work as long as I don't lose to much strength in the process. 

I haven't tried a max weight in a long time but I should be good for a single with somewhere between 40-50 kg added.

• Like 1

Managed 12 reps today. Very close to 13. And this was after about an hour of deadlift-work. I think without being slightly pre-fatigued and with a proper warmup 13 to 14 reps should be possible! 

• Like 1

At first I was like what's the big deal I used to do that, but never 11 reps in one-set with weight attached. Respect! On top of it I see you did pulls not chins which IMHO pulls are harder. Respect!

Edited by Iman74

Great topic and reps with 20 kg is something I'm working on as well. We did a weighted pullup contest a few years back on here that was a lot of fun. Max weights bothers my joints but a 45 seems to be fine and the reps feel better regardless. Good luck chasing 15!

6 hours ago, austinslater said:

Great topic and reps with 20 kg is something I'm working on as well. We did a weighted pullup contest a few years back on here that was a lot of fun. Max weights bothers my joints but a 45 seems to be fine and the reps feel better regardless. Good luck chasing 15!

nice, how did the contest go? 

23 hours ago, austinslater said:

This was it: 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Did 14 reps today. Progress is coming faster than I anticipated! 15 reps should happen by the end of march. After that I will either shoot for 10 reps with 30 kg or 5 reps with 50 kg.

• Like 2

Thank you Matt!

Edited by David_wigren

Great work David! :) Hows the armwrestling going? And running? Going to more running friendly weather here in Örebro/Sweden.. :)

great work David!

On 2/26/2016 at 1:20 AM, David_wigren said:

Maybe we should resurrect that pullup contest thread?😈

yes! 

On 06/03/2016 at 11:43 AM, Six Barrel Shotgun said:

Great work David! :) Hows the armwrestling going? And running? Going to more running friendly weather here in Örebro/Sweden.. :)

I competed in Goldenarms on 27 feb. Got my as handed to me. Got buried by a Pakistani and a Norwegian. I figured I need more time on the table. I'm already relatively strong. But I need more experience before I can transfer that to the table. I got myself an AW table sitting in my basement. I've hooked up with an armwrestler that is bigger, stronger, and better than me. We wrestle 2-3 times a week. You're welcomed to join us if you want. I live in east part of Rosta so It's fairly central. Shoot me a PM if you're interested.

Running is on hiatus right now. I went for a 5 k run two weeks ago and injured my foot 😂. Nit to bad though. It should heal up quick.

• Like 1

Got 15 reps yesterday. Goal reached! Now I might shoot for 20 with 20 or go for 10 reps with 30 kg. Or maybe just clean up the form on the 15 reps. Haven't fully decided where I will go now.

• Like 1