Newest Mashmonster Level 0 - Jeff Parker

Bill Piche

Congrats bro!!

Nice job man!

Well done

Congrats Jeff, that looked easy for you. I was looking at the NAGS gripper parallel close stats the other day and saw that you closed a 180lb gripper a few years back! Look forward to see you climb the mash monster ladder!

Congrats!

Nice job Jeff

Congratulations!

Whoah, too many to list. Thanks for the congrats everyone.

I feel like I'm ready for the MM1 strength wise, but I need more practice videoing my closes. I bought a tripod mount for my phone and will practice with it this week. I will be posting some gripper close videos then to get feedback on how to improve my filming.

Thanks again everyone!

Whoah, too many to list. Thanks for the congrats everyone.

I feel like I'm ready for the MM1 strength wise, but I need more practice videoing my closes. I bought a tripod mount for my phone and will practice with it this week. I will be posting some gripper close videos then to get feedback on how to improve my filming.

Thanks again everyone!

The advice I would mention is getting a better camera when you start going for max closes. I believe your MM0 video was shot in 240p and it was a little fuzzy. Also, read up on setting up good lighting for closes. There is a write up about it here somewhere on the board. Matt Cannon and John Mccarter have discussed lighting alot and wrote about it on the board. Also make sure you turn your hand so the handles are dead in line with the camera instead of veering off to the side. You will have to play around with your placement to the camera based on your normal hand movement during a close.

You can def can get the MM1 right now. The MM1 will feel easier than the gripper you used for MM0.

Edited by Chez

Thanks Chez, I have been reading up and will continue to do so. Regarding the camera I think my big mistake was I used my iPhone 6 which has 1080 video recording but only on the rear camera of the phone. I wanted to see what I was recording so I used the front camera of the phone just propped up on a book and so I got that bad resolution. Thanks for pointing that out, when you said it was only 240p I looked up the specs and that's when I found out the two cameras were different.

• Like 1